Gear Installer In Kansas City

• Sponsors (?)

I had to work so I couldn't make it but this weekend at KCIR is the NMRA Ford Nationals presented by Pro Charger ~ July 9-10. It's a pretty good size event and I'm sure there will be shops advertising their specialities.

SHOStang said:
I had to work so I couldn't make it but this weekend at KCIR is the NMRA Ford Nationals presented by Pro Charger ~ July 9-10. It's a pretty good size event and I'm sure there will be shops advertising their specialities.
Sounds like you and me are in the same boat. I won't be able to make it to the show. It would have been great to go. Pearl02.

I called a shop today. The guy said it would be a 6hr job. It would cost around $390. I'm no expert but this seems high. I don't believe it's a 6 hour job. I have a old 8.8 rear from my Mazda in my garage. I was going to remove the axle's and carrier and pitch the rest of the rear end. I'm going to see just how long it take to tear down the rear end. That'll tell me if it takes 6 hrs to do. Plus, i may learn something in the process. I realize putting it back together takes a while. We'll see. Pearl02.

Pearl02 said:
I called a shop today. The guy said it would be a 6hr job. It would cost around $390. I'm no expert but this seems high. I don't believe it's a 6 hour job. I have a old 8.8 rear from my Mazda in my garage. I was going to remove the axle's and carrier and pitch the rest of the rear end. I'm going to see just how long it take to tear down the rear end. That'll tell me if it takes 6 hrs to do. Plus, i may learn something in the process. I realize putting it back together takes a while. We'll see. Pearl02.

That sounds like a bit too high and a little too long coming from a shop.

However, I'm over in Shawnee and I am also looking for a gear installer as well, but have yet to find one. Heck, maybe between us an NPIGT we could do our own? I have a couple write-ups on how to do it. I'm game to try it if anyone else is. You are welcome at my place...

Addicted_2_II said:
Did you guys ever get your Gears Installed? I am now Looking for a good shop or individual to help my limping Stang along!

SNOW SNOW Everywhere!!!

Chad

Funny that you say that, I just got my done last weekend (went from 4.10 to 3.73, as it is supercharged now) by Mike Fisher over in Blue Springs for $200. Very pleased and much cheaper than other places. I can't speak for him on each individual's exact price, but this guy seems very fair and has done tons of rear end installs.

Mike has a shop and also does other mods such as superchargers and headers, and knows a lot about mustangs.

Since I don't know for sure if I can provide phone numbers here, I will PM you with his number.