getting gas from one car to mine

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
With gas prices really high right now, I need to fill my tank. There is a car with a full tank of gas and I need it in my car. The car is a 97 mazda 626, if that matters. Can I just put a hose in its tank, then start sucking and put it down mine. Will it keep flowing till it is full?

Oh yea, this is my brothers car and the transmission just gave out. I have the permission to do this.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't use your mouth to suction gas unless you enjoy the burning sensation of gas fumes in your lungs, coupled with the possibility of asphyxiation, since your body won't be getting enough oxygen. Then we won't call you Mustangless, we'll say lifeless instead. You could also damage your upper gastro-intestinal tract or lung tissue, should you ingest any gasoline. If you want to do it correctly, go buy a syphon pump. I'm not personally one to risk my life for the sake of gas in my tank.

OT. Anyone notice I provide sound medical advice/knowledge from time to time? I think I'm gonna start billing for these services like a doctor... :D

Okay, from the retarded perspective of someone who has done this before, ( with a garden hose and our mouths ) DO NOT USE YOUR MOUTH!

Trust me, you will NOT get it the first or ninth time probably, and the fumes are nuts.

Learn from our stupidity. :D

just notch the hose on the end and blow air across the hose. this will create a low pressure area at the end of the hose and suck it out. you will prolly not be able to go from car to car due to the fact that siphoning requires the use of our friend gravity.

Haha. It will kill you. I think I was high for like 10 hours after we tried to syphon gas from one car to another.

Plus, you don't know when the gas is about to hit your wide open mouth.

:puke: