Getting prepared for PI headswap

Ok guys i have just bought a set of 2000 GT cylinder heads and I was wondering if my valve covers from my 98 GT will bolt onto these heads? Ok and what all parts are needed? I already have the PI intake manifold and all of its components that it requied to install. I just need what it takes to put the heads on and stuff. Please help me guys.

• Sponsors (?)

CanadaStang said:
Head bolts, intake gaskets, front main seal, Pi coolant tube and nipple, exhaust gaskets, heads, PI cams, intake, valve covers, timing cover gaskets, Pass side manifold to mid pipe gasket, oil and coolant. And you'll have to tap the aluminum intake crossover [if you have it] for the second temp sensor. This may help:
http://bossracing.net/Tech Articl...wap page1.htm

your gonna need all that and i think because you have 00 heads(windsor) and installing on a romeo block you will also need a new timing cover. I haven't done a windsor PI swap yet so i don't know all the extra's, but it is more work then swapping on Romeo PI heads. Some of the PI swap guys on here did it your way so they will know.

I'm in the middle of the swap right now using windsor stuff, godman I spent 5 hours to get fsaucign dipstick tube in.

Heres the windsor specifc stuff, you can use your stock timing cover just fine, just get these studs/bolts.
Heres the timing cover studs you will need
Order 2 of this ( N808529-S309)
Order 2 of this ( N808140-S309)
Order 1 of this ( N808142-S437)

Windsor valve covers and oil dipstuck tube you will need also, your stock valve covers wont work. It would be a good time to upgrade to some alumn ones with driver side oil fill from team breed.

( make sure you buy another dip stick tube, cus chances are you will *** up one of them). My tip to getting the dipstick tube in, unbolt the motor mount and jack the engine up it will make your life easier, then you will also just need to play around with the tube for an hour bending it in certain ways and it will magically go right in.

Ok guys i have all my head swap stuff ready to go so next weekend I am gonna take on this challenge. My biggest fear is getting the cam timing right..Do I have to remove the WHOLE front cover like to were you can see the crankshaft sprockets? Do i need a ford cam tool thing and a ford crankshaft tool? That way I can compress the valves that way the cam will freely move and then the crankshaft tool do I need that so I can set it to the 10:30 position? Please help me guys..

98blackstallion said:
Ok guys i have all my head swap stuff ready to go so next weekend I am gonna take on this challenge. My biggest fear is getting the cam timing right..Do I have to remove the WHOLE front cover like to were you can see the crankshaft sprockets? Do i need a ford cam tool thing and a ford crankshaft tool? That way I can compress the valves that way the cam will freely move and then the crankshaft tool do I need that so I can set it to the 10:30 position? Please help me guys..

You need to remove everything man, everything off the top of the engine including the timing cover! All you will have have left is the block pretty much, you don't neccisarly need to set the timing when you remove the stuff. After you pull everything off you can actually see where the pistons are, so you can turn the crank and put piston number 1 at TDC. But if you want to verify everything before you pull it off, just turn the crank by hand with the crank pulley and timing cover still on, there will be a arrow indicator on the outside of the timing cover and a mark on the pulley just line those up and put the trans in gear. Read the article below a couple times You don't need any of those tools, before you take everything apart read the article and make all your marks on the crank gear sensor, just turn the crank and put it in safe mode, put the heads on with the cams already in, then rotate the cams to the aproximate postion of where they should be. I think once you read the articles and get into the swap it will make sense, but yah you dont need any of those tools, just take your time and post more questions if you need to, make sure you do all the torque sequences and stuff for the heads, so if you dont have torque wrenches go buy them now.

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=32

You don't need to pull the engine like these guys, but they give a pretty damn through removal and install process. Read this article through a couple times.

http://www.bossracing.net/Tech Articles/PI Headswap/PI Head Swap page3.htm