getting ready to do rear suspension

banks

Mar 29, 2009
I'm getting ready to do the rear suspension in my hatch, and i just wanted some opinions. i want to keep it as close to stock suspension if i can (i'm not sure if coil overs change that) the car will be getting a 460 bb and eventually a decent shot of spray. I was looking at the extreme adjustable upper and lower controls arms from UPR (just a starting point). how is the quality of their stuff? also curious as to whether i should keep the springs and shock combo or go to a coilover and eliminate the springs. if anyone has done the coilovers could you post pics? the car will also be getting mini-tubbed. this is the car i've done with control arms in the rear, i'm used to the leafs in my lightning so this is new to me, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

kinda depends on how fast you plan to go, heres what I run, good for consistant 1.6s

moroso drag springs
50/50 lakewoods
southside machine lowers
stock uppers, I had some dbl adj.(set at -3degree) but it hooks just as good with either
stock trac-loc

kinda depends on how fast you plan to go, heres what I run, good for consistant 1.6s

moroso drag springs
50/50 lakewoods
southside machine lowers
stock uppers, I had some dbl adj.(set at -3degree) but it hooks just as good with either
stock trac-loc

definitely plan to be going faster than a 1.6, i was researching today and from what i saw the shocks have to be relocated when doing the mini tub so i guess i will go ahead and do the coil overs with that. i'm not sure about the nitrous yet so i would say that the current goal is a low ten second car on motor. wanna get it to hook with an m/t radial too

What are you going to do with the front suspension?
A BB, headers, K-member, control arms pretty much leaves no room for any one of these.

Where are you going to put the #1 spark plug in reference to the spindle centerline? IMO, you're going to have issues with your CG, instant center and weight transfer on the launch if not addressed.

I also suggest you get full adjustable rear control arms, adjustable coil overs, and a good to great suspension manufacturer.
There are Drag Racing specific companies such as TeamZmotorsports and Maximum Motorsports who IMO are far, far superior to UPR.

What are you going to do with the front suspension?
A BB, headers, K-member, control arms pretty much leaves no room for any one of these.

Where are you going to put the #1 spark plug in reference to the spindle centerline? IMO, you're going to have issues with your CG, instant center and weight transfer on the launch if not addressed.

I also suggest you get full adjustable rear control arms, adjustable coil overs, and a good to great suspension manufacturer.
There are Drag Racing specific companies such as TeamZmotorsports and Maximum Motorsports who IMO are far, far superior to UPR.

not exactly sure what your saying about the kmember up front. that is my plan along with the tubular arms and coil overs. as far as motor location, i have not yet looked into that as the big block has not my final choice on motor. i have been looking at the bb swap kits but have not gone in depth for research. still have a lot of things to look into. what would you reccommend??

not exactly sure what your saying about the kmember up front. that is my plan along with the tubular arms and coil overs. as far as motor location, i have not yet looked into that as the big block has not my final choice on motor. i have been looking at the bb swap kits but have not gone in depth for research. still have a lot of things to look into. what would you reccommend??

He is saying that you have to put the motor far back in, basically by the steering wheel for weight transfer. With the bigger fuel cell and battery and bottle towards the back weight transfer won't be a huge deal.

And I say 408:D