Getting ready to make my Order from Summit for my EFI to Carb Swap...

I've done quite a bit of research the past few days, read the pros and cons, read the rants and praises from others. And i'm down with the funky sound of going Carb.

I've got a few questions/open for suggestions i still have out there....

You can see my current setup in my signature for heads/cam/etc.

I plan on going with a Weiland Stealth intake, and a Edelbrock Proformer 600cfm.
Holley blue put with a ______ fuel pressure regulator (Open for suggestions) I plan on using the stock fuel lines so i would like a return style regulator.

I Already have a Crane HI-6 igniton and plan on getting a Duraspark Dizzy from an 83 HO Motor.

Here is one of my questions, Can I use the same coil from my EFI setup for my carb setup? Its a mallory coil, OEM replacement.

I think thats about it for now...Thanks for the Help and Suggestions...:flag:

Also if anyone needs/wants and of my EFI parts there for sale to help offset the cost of this Swap...

• Sponsors (?)

why did you decide to go carb, there are far more benefits to fuel injection and going to carb is a step backwards IMO.

if you have a carbed car to start with thats cool. they work well but i wouldnt go from FI to carb, no reason to...

elecrical gremlins in the EFI harness...the car has had them since i bought it and i'm tired of messing with it.

I Know everyone say it wont cure your problems, but thats what i'm going to do. Its not a DD its a fun weekend car/ Strip Car. I've got my Truck to DD, just another project to have fun with.

So back to the orignal ?, can i use the same coil, and anyone have inputs on a regulator?

Yes the coil will work fine. I'm using a parts store EFI replacement coil right now on mine and it works just as well as any "carbed" version.

I wouldn't get the Edelbrock carb though, but that's just me. You said it's a weekend toy so i would go with a 4150 model 600cfm Holley. If i remember right the last Holley electric pump i bought actually came with a regulator, so if yours doesn't you might just get a basic regulator from Holley as well. You need about 6-6.5psi and no more than 7.