Getting ready to pull engine, help me figure out what I should do.

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Hi guys, long story short... I broke a waterpump/timing cover bolt and now I'm going to pull the engine. It kind of happened at an unexpected time so I don't have the most money right now and want to get the car back up in the next few months. Of course you know I want to upgrade some stuff on the engine though. I know it's a broad question, but what would you do or spend money on if you were taking the engine out. The car has 134k on it and I only want to spend no more than $1500ish on it all. I also have to do a clutch and such. I was never really the H/C/I kind of guy I always saw myself going with a supercharger down the road. I was thinking just freshen up the engine with new seals, maybe send the heads out to get the valves etc... done, forged pistons, new timing chain... I think I need a new timing cover if I go with a double roller right? I also did want to go with a new intake also. But I want to hear if from you guys... what do I absolutely need to replace on it while I have it apart. I never worked on an engine before like that, so please be specific. I need to start making a list and considering what I want to do. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)