Ghia or Stallion?

Cobra II

Oct 9, 2008
Okay, I've always wanted a Stallion 2+2, Black and silver 2-tone, red interior.

Since those are impossible to find, I am considering a Stallion coupe I've found.
But I'd have to get rid of my '74 Ghia to get the Stallion.

So I ask you:
Would you consider a '74 Ghia more valuable because it's heavily optioned, or a '76 Stallion coupe more valuable because it's so rare? :shrug:

Here's the rundown on both cars, each all stock:
'74 Ghia:
White Exterior
White Vinyl Roof & bodyside moldings
Blue deluxe cloth and vinyl interior
2.8L V6 Auto
Styled Steel wheels with trim rings
Whitewall tires
103,000 miles
Engine rebuilt 1998
New Tranny in 2004
P/S P/B A/C
Light group
Full-length console
1990's AM/FM/Stereo Cassette digital tuner removable face plate
NOS blue floor mats with Mustang II pony logo
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Bumper guards
I am the third owner, bought from original family

'76 Stallion coupe:
White Exterior
Black lower bodyside and bumpers
Black window trim and grille
Black standard interior
63,000 original miles
A/C
Styled Steel wheels
Whitewall tires
2.3L 4-cyl Auto
Currently owned by 2nd owner of 4 years

• Sponsors (?)

The obvious choice is to find a way to have them both! :nice:

However, sometimes reality intrudes... So, it really has to be up to you. If you're solely concerned with future value, I'm going to state that I feel the Stallion will be worth more long term than the '74, simply due to rarity. That said, the Mustang II in general is never going to be worth what a lot of other Mustangs will. Sad, but true. If you want to get the highest return on your investment, look elsewhere. If that's not your primary concern, then it all comes back to what tickles you, and only you. We can all throw our opinions in the ring, but should that really dictate your choice?
You're torn here, and with good reason. Think about what will give you the most enjoyment long term.

For me personally, I'd be looking for a V-8, or possibly turbo charging the 4 cylinder. But, that's a major change to a rare car, so maybe not the best course. While the two toned Stallion fastbacks don't show up often, I'd say keep your feelers out, one will turn up. If I were to find one with a V-8, 4 speed, and the black interior, I'd be scrambling to find the cash to add to the stable.