GMP diecast no longer, new name.

• Sponsors (?)

Well it's here.

One of 948. (Odd number to pick)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445357621.433141.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Got mine a few days ago too. It's cool but I like the upcoming NYPD one better. I haven't even got a GT hatchback anymore, so that alone will make it a nice one to have.

I'm under the impression Acme just bought the old molds from GMP. A Saleen might require new molds, so not sure if they are gonna put the R&D into a set.

But who knows.

Last edited:
I'm all for them cranking out a new limited edition model every 3-4 months like they are doing now.

Ideas for models based on the molds they have.

1990 7-up Convertible
1992 red/white limited editions
87-90 LX hatch (with 10-holes)

After that, you are pretty much just rehashing new versions of models that have already been made. Would be nice to see something new like a Saleen, or a T-topped car.

I'm all for them cranking out a new limited edition model every 3-4 months like they are doing now.

Ideas for models based on the molds they have.

1990 7-up Convertible
1992 red/white limited editions
87-90 LX hatch (with 10-holes)

After that, you are pretty much just rehashing new versions of models that have already been made. Would be nice to see something new like a Saleen, or a T-topped car.

Those would all be good ideas. Some new Street Fighter designs would be fun, too.

Already pre-ordered mine. I like how they release one at a time. Doesn't hurt the pocket too badly when you have 6 mos in between.

Anyone get their NYPD car yet? They've shipped, but i sent mine to a relatives house since i was moving and didn't have an address at the time. I haven't gone by yet to get it.

Not yet, but never completed my pre-order. I'm moving real soon so all my models are being packed up, but once I wind down on all the hectic stuff I'll grab the NYPD and 7Up. You should see how many I've amassed over the past year or so. I ran out of wall space for mounted cabinets, and floor space for a standing display, so I started piling up boxes in stacks of about 6 high. Now I ran out of room on that! :rlaugh: Next house will have plenty of room though :nice:

I don't even display them. I take them out after I buy them, check them out real quick, and then they go back into the box and stored in my hobby room in the basement.

We have toddlers. If I had them out they would "disappear" one day when I wasn't looking. :)

I don't even display them. I take them out after I buy them, check them out real quick, and then they go back into the box and stored in my hobby room in the basement.

We have toddlers. If I had them out they would "disappear" one day when I wasn't looking. :)

I've got 1 toddler but he doesn't go around them (also in the basement). When he becomes more interested I'll probably just add locks to the cabinets.

Interesting observation...they all have an LX wing on them. The actual car it's modeled after has a GT wing. Wonder why they made this change?

Last edited: