GMP diecast no longer, new name.

Got my 90 limited edition. #286 of 702 made

998c29838090e5ea5fc659f9afb6534c.jpg
fba446a8d48e151940e59eb1ca738cd5.jpg

Gmp got a little creative with some of the materials
0c2380e8f16158cf95c72446f2775517.jpg

68a0bc2892e7fe5c933022f8f4411cf2.jpg

I like it. Back in the box. What's next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

What's going on with Welly?

When these came out, they were cheap $20 cars on par with Miasto. Now they are $100+?

This red one went for almost $200. Someone has a grabber blue one for over $200

c9938f62f534b1e19397d14b30c33aac.png

Reason I ask is because I bought a grabber blue one and tried to eBay it years ago for $20 with no bites. Now they are $200+?

What's going on with Welly?

When these came out, they were cheap $20 cars on par with Miasto. Now they are $100+?

This red one went for almost $200. Someone has a grabber blue one for over $200

c9938f62f534b1e19397d14b30c33aac.png

Reason I ask is because I bought a grabber blue one and tried to eBay it years ago for $20 with no bites. Now they are $200+?

No clue, must have become a hot item lately!

I still need to get the NYPD hatchback, and I want that resin GT350R Acme is offering from GT Spirit. I recently moved and have all my models wrapped and laying in their new display room, I need to figure out how to put all the display cases one of these days!

Just saw Acme/GMP is releasing 2 more next April. South Carolina SSP and US Border Patrol SSP. I probably won't get either, because then I'd want every damn police vehicle out there. I only have the FBI pursuit car & Michigan SSP. But I love seeing them being pumped out consistantly!

I just got my NYPD hatchback this week. Got an extra Vermillion 1993 LX and FBI pursuit car as well, if anyone might want to trade/buy. I picked them up for a friend and surprise he didn't end up taking them after all.

I only have the FBI car, so i'll probably pick one up. Probably get the US border patrol one, but maybe both who knows.

I think the notchbacks are the first molds, which aren't that accurate IMHO so my enthusiasm is a little less. They got the molds better with the newer LX hatch and GT's

I don't know how many additional combinations they can come up with on the current molds. They could possibly do the white and red Limited edition LX convertibles, or maybe a nice 1993 GT convertible 2-tone, or I would absolutely love if they did a black/black LX hatchback.

Vermillion 1993 is probably my favorite one so far.

I didn't realize that was the color; that's pretty unique!

I haven't gotten any new GMP/Acme models since my last post, but I have still been adding models from other brands.

Just a reboot of this car...setup more for drag and less for street
gmp1801829_4.jpg

I get the impression Acme won't be releasing any new molds and is simply "rebooting" it's current supply into different mix and colors. Not sure there is much else to do that hasn't been done already. Maybe the Red or white Limited edition '93?

I'm still waiting for a black LX with black interior. Just need to replicate my polished '01 cobra wheels and I can make a replica of my car.

Reactions: 1 user
I recognize and remember the gray street Cobra, I was just wondering if this "King Snake" is an actual car or if that was the best marketing idea they could come up with on their own. Because I would think they could have done better :rlaugh:

I like the parachute & wheelie bar, I'll definitely pick one up. I'm thinking green right now since I have some Grabber Blue on display already. Greens are pretty scarce!

I like the parachute & wheelie bar, I'll definitely pick one up. I'm thinking green right now since I have some Grabber Blue on display already. Greens are pretty scarce!

I went Grabber blue because two of my die casts with best resale, 1993 teal cobra, and Autoart Azure blue mach 1, seem to be the popular colors that were the most in demand.

And yeah...King Snake is lame.

I've had a couple blue Mach 1s over the years. When the prices skyrocket I used to sell mine, then would wait to find a nice deal on another. I'd put the difference into another model so I could grow my collection "organically" and not feel bad. Haven't bothered considering that in a few years, but it was fun when I did. I got my teal Cobra from my wife so I wouldn't sell that one, but I did flip another one or two of those as well. One I put in the closet and forgot I even had until about a year later when I uncovered it :rlaugh:

Hop on eBay. Search "GMP mustang". Be prepared to spend $$

The red ones can be had for cheaper than this. I have this exact car and on a few FB die cast group I've had some offers in this range. I held

IMG_6843.PNG

Last edited: