GMP diecast no longer, new name.

• Sponsors (?)

Of course I would find this getting ready to leave on a vacation. We had just paid for another vacation in February a week ago... ugh the timing..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/312118841678

A little on the high side. One just sold for $265 plus shipping not too long ago.

IMG_0223.PNG

Reactions: 1 users
I preordered the black and red and the home improvement car. My fave color combo GT.

Not sure how I feel about the rerelease. I own a teal and love the fact it's in demand. More suppply now means less demand. Booo.

Do you insure your collection? I added up my estimated (eBay) value of mine and it's enough that I should consider it

Reactions: 1 user
I preordered the black and red and the home improvement car. My fave color combo GT.

Not sure how I feel about the rerelease. I own a teal and love the fact it's in demand. More suppply now means less demand. Booo.

Do you insure your collection? I added up my estimated (eBay) value of mine and it's enough that I should consider it

I'd prefer they hadn't re-released them too, but they did so what can ya do...I should sell my teal one now while the getting is good, might still end up paying for the 3 replacements itself :rlaugh:The Home Improvement car was a nice color combo, I wonder what else they're going to come up with. "Driveby Car that was shown for 10 seconds in the first Friday" edition, perhaps? I gotta pick and choose, I didn't plan to get these Cobras and I already picked up the other 2 '93 LE pre-orders. AND I just picked up 4 GT Spirit resin models this year (half of which cost me more than the GMP/Acme, though I did sell the FBI Pursuit car I had to replace it with my first GT Spirit so it felt like an easy decision). Gotta draw the line somewhere.

I don't insure them but I think my new home plan has something about collectibles. I should probably make sure, huh?

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

• Surprised
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I'd prefer they hadn't re-released them too, but they did so what can ya do...I should sell my teal one now while the getting is good, might still end up paying for the 3 replacements itself :rlaugh:The Home Improvement car was a nice color combo, I wonder what else they're going to come up with. "Driveby Car that was shown for 10 seconds in the first Friday" edition, perhaps? I gotta pick and choose, I didn't plan to get these Cobras and I already picked up the other 2 '93 LE pre-orders. AND I just picked up 4 GT Spirit resin models this year (half of which cost me more than the GMP/Acme, though I did sell the FBI Pursuit car I had to replace it with my first GT Spirit so it felt like an easy decision). Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Actually, did you notice there is a difference between these cobras and the first run? These feature black interior, while the first run was gray interior. I didn't notice that at first.....so I ordered another Teal. I kinda like that idea as now they are two separate, distinct runs and will maintain collectability of both.

Not a fan of the TV run of cars they are doing. Not really all that Iconic to me. Lets see, they sorta already did the combo from "Twins". They could do the Mustang that rams into the train in "Courage under fire". How bout the black Fox LX that appears for 2 seconds in "Hannibal" and gets a compliment from Sir Anthony Hopkins. Or maybe they do the hoopty one from "30 seconds or less". If you are gonna do a TV Mustang, it needs to be something like GISS, or Bullitt. Not 1 min of airtime in a TV episode

I've got the two LE's on order, as well as the stock 5.0 engine drivetrain and a set of pony wheels they are selling under "accessories". ALso just ordered the three cobras and the home improvement car.

I'm thankful they spread these out over 2 releases a year as my credit card can't take the hit. lol But I have been thinking of adding them to my insurance policy.

EDIT: Just noticed I pre-ordered the two LE cars on 12-27-17. Almost one year ago. I believe they are supposed to ship this month but I don't see anything on their website about delivery.

Last edited:
What was color combo of the home improvement car?

91 Emerald Green w/titanium bottom. Gray interior, pony wheels

I think it was Brad's car. This was probably one of my favorite color combos back in the late 90's when I first got into Fox Mustangs. I remember looking at a '92 that they wanted $12K for and had a bullethole in the front grill. I passed

i147784.jpg

capture4bb6.6367.jpg

Yep, I like that color combo too. I’m surprised I never saw that episode. I would love to drop some cash and get a couple of those model cars, but they are so damn expensive. I would insure those collections guys.

Yes, that was Brad's car. For just the 1 episode, IIRC. The Married With Children car was a rental that I think they sat in for almost the entire episode while stuck in traffic, so it got more screen time :lol:

I did catch the bit about the black interior on the Cobras. I bet people would prefer it that way or not care at all. I'm impartial.

This is the one i'm most looking forward to. Very cool car

I'm digging the white one. Not sure why but in the promo pics it really pops. Maybe because I have so many red models, the white one just seems fresh? All 3 will look great together, I know that much!

With all these models coming out of the woodwork lately, maybe we can still hope for some new tooling and get a Saleen or 5.

Yes, that was Brad's car. For just the 1 episode, IIRC. The Married With Children car was a rental that I think they sat in for almost the entire episode while stuck in traffic, so it got more screen time :lol:

At least that episode sticks out in memory because vid clips from it probably get posted every other day in some of the FB groups and forums I am in. Pretty funny clip too.

Married with Children had a few Mustangs. SOmeone on that show must have really liked them

i146672.jpg

i552875.jpg

i396888.jpg

4.480.jpg

2.952.jpg

I'm digging the white one. Not sure why but in the promo pics it really pops. Maybe because I have so many red models, the white one just seems fresh? All 3 will look great together, I know that much!

With all these models coming out of the woodwork lately, maybe we can still hope for some new tooling and get a Saleen or 5.

I've got the 7up car, but never got my hands on the chrome yellow one. Every time one pops up on ebay I just can't bring myself to pay more than retail pricing for it. I've never paid more than that for any of these.

I can't wait to see the Teal w/black interior Cobra. My dream combo

Do you guys remember the red GT vert that was in one of the Karate Kid movies? 3 I think. Danielson’s nemesis drove it and was doing donuts in front of the bonzai tree shop after he and his goons tore it up? :rock:
378CA3FA-E956-45DE-9326-12C335721B27.png

Reactions: 1 user
I've got the 7up car, but never got my hands on the chrome yellow one. Every time one pops up on ebay I just can't bring myself to pay more than retail pricing for it. I've never paid more than that for any of these.

I can't wait to see the Teal w/black interior Cobra. My dream combo

I may have mentioned it here a while back, but one year they GAVE you a free chrome yellow model when you joined their annual club. I think it was $15 extra to have it shipped, but still how can you complain about that. I already had one, of course, but joined up anyway so I could sell it and replace with another GMP or two. Back then, you could get older ones for less than retail all the time. Nowadays it's almost impossible. Crazy how it's changed over the years.

At least that episode sticks out in memory because vid clips from it probably get posted every other day in some of the FB groups and forums I am in. Pretty funny clip too.

Married with Children had a few Mustangs. SOmeone on that show must have really liked them

LOL - the Testica 2000. Now that you mention it I do recall a bunch. Wonder if they'll do more colors for MWC releases. Seems like an easy money-maker. Makes it easy on us because we can get picky with 'em.

Back then, you could get older ones for less than retail all the time. Nowadays it's almost impossible. Crazy how it's changed over the years.

You can get that green Border Patrol LX under retail in Ebay right now. I can see why. It's ugly. Regardless, I bought one :(

Usually it takes a few years for the prices to climb. I remember picking up the two 92 GT's for under retail a year or so after they were released for $50-60 or so. And now they go for $300+.

I wish they would do some new molds, but I don't see that happening. Ever since Acme bought GMP's molds they pretty much rehash every thing GMP did in different versions. That's why the coupe releases lately (FBI, border patrol, etc) are still on the 1st gen molds.

Unsure what else they can do. I secretly hope for a black/black LX hatch one day, but won't hold my breath. I would like to see them do another 85/86 GT setup though.

I only have the MI and NYPD police cars now that I sold the FBI Pursuit. I think the new SC police car is pretty nice, but I don't want to get too many. Slippery slope. My original intention w/buying models was to get just a few, and look how that turned out. I got into variant/chase car Shelbys, rare/limited promo releases, and then GT Spirit starts doing a parade of resin cars that are tremendous. AND Acme comes around doing the GMP cars again. It's a good problem to have, though.

Maybe they can do more drag car variations, the possibilities are endless w/the modded assortment. The King Snake cars, I had one on pre-order but canceled and never did pick one up. A friend got one this year for about $110 from a local shop, I'm hoping to do the same or so eventually. I won't miss it, but it's pretty cool. Either color would look cool popping out on display.