Go Over My Motor Parts List Please

• Sponsors (?)

id stick with 1.6's, and ditch the pedestal-to-stud conversion if you can (or if you have no plans to upgrade heads again anytime soon). crane made the '93 cobra roller rockers if you can swing them, still a good bang for the buck and i believe they still make them.
Unless the heads call for them, there's really no need to convert to stud mounted rockers unless you plan on really revving the engine. The pedestal mounted units are just fin below 6,500RPM IMO. I run the Ford Racing pedestal mounted rockers on my 331 and they're just peachy.

my train of thought was you could get the pushrod length much closer with the stud mounted ones.

so the ms93334 gasket kit is for a mustang? i have a ford racing gasket kit that seems to be mostly fel pro, do i just need the explorer upper to lower gasket then?

IMO, if you're going to go with the Ford Racing/Felpro "print-o-seal" intake gaskets (the ones between the intake and heads, not between the upper and lower) then stick with their "steel core" units. The standard gaskets are just laminated paper and get all out of shape in a very short time, causing coolant leaks. The steel core versions will hold their shape. I've got the 1262S-3 gaskets in mine.

Hands down, the best gasket I've ever used are Victor Reinz nitro seal.....but they're getting near impossible to find?!?

Last edited:
1262 here without issues
...yeah, but they've only been in there for about 15-minutes. lol

Wait till you've had them in a while and they start looking like this....

P1010748.jpg

P1010749.jpg

000_1326.jpg

000_1328.jpg

im gonna get a high torque starter, a 255 warlboro pump and harland sharp roller rockers. any recomendations on starter?

should i get an aeromotive adj. regulator too?

and we figured my 19lb injectors would work?

Last edited:
After looking into this gasket kit I got it looks like I'm still going to be buying some gaskets. From what I can tell the intake gaskets (1250) are junk, the valve cover gaskets are cork, so there junk and the oil pan gaskets are junk. 100 bucks is allot to pay for head gaskets, timing cover, abd all the other little random gaskets. I'm thinking about returning it too and buying gaskets on my own

This is a breakdown of the parts included

http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/FORD...SET-50-302-289-306-331-347-_190702771739.html

You want a 1 piece oil pan gasket. That kit does not come with that.

You are way over thinking this. Get the following
  • Head gaskets 9333 pt1
  • intake 93334 with the Cobra/explorer upper to lower gasket seperate
  • Exhaust Felpro 1415 or Percy's
  • Timing gasket
  • Thermostat- FelPro 35440
  • Timing Cover= Felpro 45449
  • Valve Cover- Felpro rubber with steel core
  • Rear Main Seal- Felpro with Teflon Sleeve
  • Water Pump - will come with the pump or Felpro

its looking like it may be cheaper to return the kit and piece it all together, i thought i could use allot of the gaskets in the kit ill have to go adding up what they cost individually.

im gonna go with a 255 warlboro do you think i need a regulator too?

no complaints on the pa performance high torque starter?