Going Green Baby!! (E85)

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Just wanted to let everyone know I'll bee heading up to Lidio's (Alternative Auto) tomorrow to get tuned on E85. I'm really excited since I've been running race fuel and its super expensive. I'll be going from running 6.00/gallon fuel to 1.80/gallon!!!

I might make a little less power but I'm fine with that. I had the car out this weekend and pretty much destroyed everything in my path. Plus I'll most likely be throwing on a set of Ported Trick Flow heads and intake this winter so I'm sure I'll more than make up for the loss of power.

• Sponsors (?)

that's awsome dude!! :nice: Lidio will hook you up with the best tune available. he is truely a mustang wizard. you probably wont lose as much power as you might think. E85 is pretty high octane and burns really well in the combustion chamber. you will definatly enjoy the drop in fuel price.

that's awsome dude!! :nice: Lidio will hook you up with the best tune available. he is truely a mustang wizard. you probably wont lose as much power as you might think. E85 is pretty high octane and burns really well in the combustion chamber. you will definatly enjoy the drop in fuel price.

Yea I know Lidio is one hell of a tuner. I've had custom tunes from Pauls HP, Brenspeed, and Straightline Performance and Lidio has been the best by far and Staightline was pretty damn good.

E85 is like 105oct and burns cooler, so I'm losing about 5oct but gaining a cooling affects of E85. I made around 475-500rwhp through an unlocked stall so if I make around 450-475rwhp I'll be happy.

I just grabbed 10 gallons of E85 today for $19!! I got 10 gallons of 110 last week for $60. :rlaugh:Hell ya I'll take E85 for a 1/3 of the price any day of the week, even 93 oct is about .60 more a gallon.

Yea I know Lidio is one hell of a tuner. I've had custom tunes from Pauls HP, Brenspeed, and Straightline Performance and Lidio has been the best by far and Staightline was pretty damn good.

E85 is like 105oct and burns cooler, so I'm losing about 5oct but gaining a cooling affects of E85. I made around 475-500rwhp through an unlocked stall so if I make around 450-475rwhp I'll be happy.

I just grabbed 10 gallons of E85 today for $19!! I got 10 gallons of 110 last week for $60. :rlaugh:Hell ya I'll take E85 for a 1/3 of the price any day of the week, even 93 oct is about .60 more a gallon.

You will still see quite a bit of savings but you will go through a lot more E85.. I am sure you already know that

Keep us posted how that works for you.. Other FI cars in the midwest might also be interested in E85.. In the northeast ( where I live) it's not practical because they don't sell it up here

Just got back and I'm tired. LOL Car only made 10rwhp less than it did with the 110 so I'm super happy. I can't post the dyno sheet because it flew out the window on the way home.:mad: The car did pick up some serious midrange power though.

The car used about 25% more fuel on the way home than on the way there but traffic was much heavier, I drove faster, I beat on her a little bit, and there was about 10miles of heavy stop and go traffic compared to the drive up this morning (4:00 AM = No One). That all being taken into consideration I would say it is probably using 15-20% more fuel. The Fuel Pressure Gauge used to read around 42-44psi it now reads around 52-54psi.

The only thing that will take some getting used to is the smell. It has a very weird smell to it which Lidio said that if I would have had cats I prolly wouldn't smell anything.

Oh well I can live with that. :flag: