Going to Have Sensor Problems?

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Hey All,
I just had mac lt's and a prochamber put on my 96gt and I am wondering if i am going to have check engine light problems? It seems that there is a lot of that when you change to no cats. I haven't even got the car back yet so i am wondering what I am in for? If so is there a quick fix. Any Ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

hey man, i had the same problem with my 04gt recently. currently my service engine soon light is on. with an o/r h pipe u will need mil eliminators and maybe some extenders. i hope they put that on for u. also u might need some zip ties to support the wires from the o2 sensors because they tend to hang low. on my car they do. if u get the car back and the check engine light comes on then make sure that the o2 snesors are in the right places. if they are and u can't think of anything that might be wrong with the car then u need to disconnect ure battery for like 15 minutes. this will make the check engine light go off. but i haven't done it yet because i haven't got my extenders in the mail. u can also go to a place that does state inspections and have them turn it off but it better be a shady place because i think it is against the law. i wouldn't recommend it because it is risky but try the battery thing first and see if that takes it away for good. if not u might need to check back with the people who installed it. let me know if u need anything else. jason

Thanks for the help guys! I am not sure if a chip could do the trick. I am running a Jet module right now. Jason I think youre right about the mils though. I dont have any yet so im hoping it wont cause any engine issues before i get the chance to put them in. I just recently had the owner of a garage that i deal with through my work that said they would sponsor me for drag racing. They said they would reflash my computer so Ill ask him if he can help with the exhaust too. Thanks for the info!