• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Good OE replacement clutch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gino 12689
  • Start date Start date Jan 20, 2010
G

Gino 12689

New Member
Sep 2, 2009
8
0
0
Jan 20, 2010
#1
  • Jan 20, 2010
  • #1
Hey guys, I plan on replacing my clutch on my 94 GT within the next week or so. I'm looking for just a stock replacement clutch, nothing heavy duty. I have basic bolt-ons(exhaust, intake) and don't plan on making large amounts of power. I've heard RAM is an excellent brand to use, and am wondering if this kit would suit my needs:

86-95 Mustang Ram Clutch Kit, 5.0L 10.5" Oe Replacement at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Also, what else would I need, that's not provided in this kit? Would I need to replace the clutch cable as well?
 

LRSjmac

Premium Sponsor
Sep 9, 2008
335
0
17
Hewitt, Tx
Jan 20, 2010
#2
  • Jan 20, 2010
  • #2
Gino 12689 said:
Hey guys, I plan on replacing my clutch on my 94 GT within the next week or so. I'm looking for just a stock replacement clutch, nothing heavy duty. I have basic bolt-ons(exhaust, intake) and don't plan on making large amounts of power. I've heard RAM is an excellent brand to use, and am wondering if this kit would suit my needs:

86-95 Mustang Ram Clutch Kit, 5.0L 10.5" Oe Replacement at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Also, what else would I need, that's not provided in this kit? Would I need to replace the clutch cable as well?
Click to expand...

If you plan on styaing with your posted mods, then the RAM OE Replacement will serve you well (so long as you keep it away from sticky tires). If you plan on any more power down the road, it would be wise to go ahead & step up a level to our SVE Mongoose Clutch, or even a step further to the RAM HDX.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Remake Clutch and Transmission Suggestions for a 2014 6 spd manual
  • adamchrysler
  • Jul 30, 2025
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
295
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech Aug 8, 2025
SuperCharged_Coyote
S
A
Need some info on putting a 2002 4.6l in a 1997 gt.
  • Austin4.6l
  • May 29, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
165
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 29, 2025
Austin4.6l
A
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
340
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
877
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
252
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?