Good sources for a replacement MAF sensor?

• Sponsors (?)

I've never understood how this works since it has that square flange on it? Means i can't use my stock air box... Right?

They sell adapters for pretty cheap. I use the adapter on mine and it connects into the stock airbox tubing.

If you don’t want the adapter, you can just buy a 94-95 cougar/thunderbird MAF housing and swap the 94-95 Mustang electronics onto that. The cougar/tbird MAF is the same 70mm
MAF as the mustang except it’s not flanged, it’s the same style as the stock 55mm MAF.

Last edited:
If you look closely you can see the 70mm MAF and the adapter flange in the stock airbox tubing on my car. I ran this with the stock A9x ECU

A5A9BC52-FEC8-4CE0-BFA2-C487E07DBC0D.jpeg

Last edited:
That's interesting. Looks factory too.
One more question... Will the factory electronics not work on the 94-95 housing? As in, 89-93 electronics.

No. They will only work with a 55mm housing. You can’t switch

The electronics will have a line on them that states "AH55" or "AH70" meaning they will only with with the 55mm or 70mm "family" of MAF sensors. If you actually compare the housings you'll find that other than the external mounting configuration, the internal dimensions, paths, design, etc is the same. Ford didn't reinvent the wheel here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user