Goodbye Mirror Tint!!!

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
When i got my car it had this Very ugly Mirrored tint on the hatch and 1/4 windows. I have been waiting paitently to replace this ugly stuff with black tint. However today my paitence ran out.

Before :notnice:
tint1.jpg

Nasty!
tint2.jpg

Ahh.. Much better.

notint1.jpg

What do you think? was this an Improvement or what? Now i just need to put some black back on.

Dr.

• Sponsors (?)

mr_woodster said:
I dont really see an improvement, but whos car is that in the 3rd picture?

That white car is probably his moms/wife/family member. Doesn't matter tho. :rolleyes:
Its an improvement, will be better when you get black on there.

yellow5.0cobra said:
ehm...

park that sucker outside somewhere for a day and say GOODBYE SPEAKER BOX from your trunk!

Lets add tint to that hatch ASAP, shall we?
Thats one of the reasons i havent removed it till now, but i was getting very tired of the funhouse mirror effect that back tint was giving me. I was afraid that one of these days i would back into something. I do have a Active security alarm and i still have the roll shade so i will probably throw that back in there and cover the box when i park in suspect areas. But yeah, the black tint is coming as soon as finances allow it.

Dr.

You can pass inspection with mirror tint there? If I woulda had mirror tint on my car I woulda had to pitch it the first time I got it inspected. As it was, when I bought my TC it had tint on the side windows that I had to get rid of, because when I got it inspected they said it was 25% (state limit is 35%). I've still got tint adhesive all over my quarter windows :nonono:

mr_woodster said:
I dont really see an improvement, but whos car is that in the 3rd picture?

Mine :jester:

Looks much better there Dr.E :nice: I agree on the covering of your speaker box, if you lived here that thing would be gone in a flash. So get some nice tint on there and be sure to post some pics when you do. I would like to do the same to my car.

Dan

Red_LX said:
You can pass inspection with mirror tint there? If I woulda had mirror tint on my car I woulda had to pitch it the first time I got it inspected. As it was, when I bought my TC it had tint on the side windows that I had to get rid of, because when I got it inspected they said it was 25% (state limit is 35%). I've still got tint adhesive all over my quarter windows :nonono:

I live in the middle of nowwhere/hickville. Certian parts of IL require Inspections but most of it doesnt. ANY mirrored tint in Il is Illegal but i have never been bothered for it. I can put the back glass and 1/4 windows as dark as i want but we cant have any at all on the front 2.

Dr.

lol that comment went waaaaaaaay over your head people!

Restated : "i dont see much of an improvement, but WHO'S MUSTANG IS THAT IN THE 3rd picture? " Refering to so much change you can no longer tell its the same vehicle! :p

mr_woodster said:
lol that comment went waaaaaaaay over your head people!

Restated : "i dont see much of an improvement, but WHO'S MUSTANG IS THAT IN THE 3rd picture? " Refering to so much change you can no longer tell its the same vehicle! :p

Duh :crazy: Me and Dr. E both have 92 Bimini Blue Mustangs. I was joking too. :jester:

I just tinted my hatch window last weekend. It took me 3 hours, only because I took the time to press out all the air bubbles. Obviosouly the person who done your didn't take his time doing it. Its hard work because your constantly on your back press up against the window to do a good job. I did mine with 5% Dark Black (thats what it was called by the company Private Eye) and its nice in the evening when the suns low and the reflection in the mirror doesn't bug my eyes out anymore. I agree it does look better, but I really like the tint on mine.

91_4ourBanger said:
did you take the tint off? didnt it leave some kind of residue? if you took it to a shop how much did they charge to take it off.
yes, i peeled it all off and it left a glue, then i removed the glue with windex glass and surface cleaner. Im guessing plain window cleaner would have worked just as well. When i got the car 3 years ago a shop told me 110 to remove it. I removed for about 30 mins of my time and .25 worth of window cleaner.

Dr.