Goofy fuel gauge.......

351vic

Jun 13, 2007
Pierz, MN
Well my fuel gauge in my 95 is being weird.. Sometimes it works just fine and others it just sits at the bottom. Usually it starts off at the bottom and takes like 30 miles to get to the correct level. I'm pretty sure it worked fine before i swapped the engines (3.8 to carb 414W) and had to drop the tank and pulled the pump to replace with a sump tube and a holley blue inline. If im not mistaken the other plug on the driver's side of the tank is for the sending unit? Any ideas guys? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Where to check for grounds? I used the original wiring harness including the ground and it's correctly soldered where i spliced them... And no there are no codes it's carb'd i eliminated all the computer garbage sorry

I am in the same boat, except that I did not do an engine swap. My guage does the same thing and I'm pretty sure the gauge itself is just bad.

Sadly, I'm thinking of putting a single pillar guage in for the fuel level, because relying on the odometer is no fun. On trips, I always fill up at 200 miles on the tank, but it would be nice to have a better idea of the fuel level at all times.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.