Got 2 drive a Vette tonight!!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
So I got to drive my freinds new to him 02 C5 Vette, Automatic tonight. I once drove my buddies LS2 GTO 6 speed, & a C6 automatic, which were both crazy fast, But this was my first time ever driving an LS1 car. It road nice & comfortable, And I felt the power, but I must say that i think my Mach will take it. Im sure it was the automatic & maybe the gearing, but I just wasnt that impressed.

I will say that the ride quality was 100 times better than any Stang I ever drove, & although the seats were comfy, but I think even my stock Mach seats felt more sporty & had more latteral support. The Heads up display was also a nice feature, but I could see it being kinda distracting when getting on it.

Anyway, all in all, i wasnt that impressed with the car, & it made me that much more happy that I chose Mustangs.

• Sponsors (?)

My father's C5 was really fun to drive. At first drive it seemed that it wasn't all that fast. It's a 6speed and when I really pushed, it came alive. 0-100 came really quick and I was suprised but I really had to push it. I had more balls without a doubt.

That being said, it was definately faster than my gt w/mods. Yet I have had success against a C5. A guy was all over my ass as we pulled out onto a road and I took it easy until 2nd, drove it slowly until I got higher into the rpms, checked my review where the guy was right on my ass and punched it. Powershifted 3rd and I was about 3 car lengths in front of him. By the end of 3rd I put another length between us but he was still keeping up. Powershifted 4th and ran until around 110 or so. He never caught up but he never fell back more than just a little. He was definately running or he wouldn't have been going 100mph in a 55.

I do think GTs or Machs have their range of ability vs C5s but the window is small to very small. I think given a different driver he could have pushed me down the road.

Overall, they're nice. I don't know the numbers when considering 6spd vs auto but I'm guessing the auto probably slowed you down a bit. Something else I noticed was that it didn't feel as torquey as if it wasn't all that fast but the speedo told me different.

& it made me that much more happy that I chose Mustangs.

Well I dunno about you but my bank account and the fact that I'm not 50 year old divorcee in the middle of a midlife crisis pretty much chose Mustangs for me :D But I think it's a testament to the Mach 1 that it can hang with some C5s (non-z06) of the same year.

Well I dunno about you but my bank account and the fact that I'm not 50 year old divorcee in the middle of a midlife crisis pretty much chose Mustangs for me :D But I think it's a testament to the Mach 1 that it can hang with some C5s (non-z06) of the same year.

I could never afford C5 either, but i was just referring to LS1 cars in general when i said Im glad I chose Mustangs, cuz I couldve just as easily looked for a 98-02 Camaro when shopping for my ride, but I chose Mustangs. & dont get me wrong, I know that LS1's do have a slight edge over my car, but not a stock automatic LS1.