got 3 check engine codes, replaced the parts and still have problems! please help

cantbuytime

Jan 26, 2010
Ok, please help me out. I got the car back Thursday and the shop gave me 3 trouble codes.. But the car had ran fine. Until Today

codes:
113 - ACT Sensor Circuit Above Maximum Voltage (replaced now)

542 - Fuel pump secondary circuit failure

556 - Fuel pump primary circuit failure

let me explain how this went down. car was fine all day yesterday but started to die when stopped in gear..I have had the check engine light since day 1.. Now today I decided to fix these codes..

First i replaced the fuel filter.. when i removed the old filter no fuel would hardly come out. But after i tapped it on the ground the fuel started coming out black and dirty... eww.

But car cranked up and ran better, much much better.. Went to get my under the table oil change and it starts the stalling in gear **** but starts surge too.. So we go get a ACT and replace that, and wow it was like another major improvement. Was running like a bat out of hell.

Well I didnt disconnect the battery to erase the codes. so i still had a check light. went to go get some grub this evening and stopped to get gas..

cranked it up after $20 of mid grade from just under 1/4 tank to just under 3/4.

And *** all if the dam thing didnt start missing, running rich plus the surge and stalling..

side notes- Does not act up while going down the road. Also today , I changed the thermostat and housing gasket, new antifreeze ..

• Sponsors (?)

Just a guess but perhaps the CCRM fuel relay circuit is acting up (intermittent problem?). You might also pull the gas filter again to see if it's still clear. There may be more crud in the tank based on your first observation.

Just a guess but perhaps the CCRM fuel relay circuit is acting up (intermittent problem?). You might also pull the gas filter again to see if it's still clear. There may be more crud in the tank based on your first observation.

THE CCRM? That bothers me.:(

most of what I have read about it is, even if you replace it there is still a good chance its going to act up> hope this is not the problem..
:shrug:

Had some rotted vacuum lines, so i replaced the cracked one. Gonna go through and replace them all tomorrow..

The car hasnt acted as bad, it just surges a lil here in there at idle in gear. I know its a problem cause it still smells a lil rich. I am gonna try plugs tomorrow as well..:nice:

After replacing all the vacuum lines and adding Sea Foam to the tank. the check engine light went off. Runs great

Till about 3 hours of driving, then its start missing a lil more , just enough to throw a code and bring the light back on. i am sure its the plugs and thats the cause of my check light..

i am gonna manualy check the codes and replace the plugs. hopefully this will be the end of it.

Still has the same code and 2 new codes.

I have replaced every vacuum line, fuel purge solenoid, fuel filter, fuel purge valve solenoid, added sea foam to gas tank, removed rear cats, and replaced Air intake temp censor..

yet at idle in or out of gear sometimes it still hesitates, stumbles, smells rich/lean or just dies. the Check engine light doesnt come on until i drive it, could take a minute or could take 20? its always different..

checked the codes and got this
key on engine off
113 - ACT sensor circuit open or reads -40°F
172 - HEGO shows system always lean

key on engine running
113 - ACT sensor circuit open or reads -40°F
998 - Hard fault present

Now what?

Car is a 1995 5.0 w/auto trans, bbk cold air, gears and built trans.