Got a problem...

6lkl6l

Aug 12, 2009
i have a 93 4 banger and i was goin down the highway today and i blew a rod.
im moveing to houston from tampa next month and i have to drive this car.
iv looked for a replacement motor but not only can i not find one, from what iv been told its gonna be expensive as hell and not worth the effort.
iv planned all along to swap a 302 in but it looks like im gonna have to do it sooner than i thought.
is it doable and about hat price range am i lookin at to throw in a stock carb 302 and 5spd just to make it from florida to texas?
il only replace what i absolutely need to right now and when i get to texas with my new job i can start modding

• Sponsors (?)

You have to a swap in a month? damn then drive the car halfway across the country? I wish you luck with that because its not going to be cheap if you want to be reliable. why not just buy another running car or better yet rent a uhaul and trailer it then do the job right when you get to Texas?

that is an option iv considered but im weighing everything out to see what will work the best for me.
and im only just turned 20 and you have to be 21 to get a uhaul.

Trying to do the swap in that kind of time constraint is going to be tough. Your better off either hauling it to Texas and fixing it, or selling it off and buying a running 5.0 car (I hate to recommend that. b/c I'm sure you have a vision of what you want and that changes it).

You can't locate a replacement 4 banger? With internet access, you should be able to find one somewhere close by within a week if you really try. Then it should only take a couple of days to swap out the engine and get it running right.

Iv looked within a 50 mile radius of where i live for a replacement and i just cant find one.
i dont want to sell the car because then im going to have to buy another one and i dont want to do that.
this car is amazing looking inside and out which is why iv wanted to keep it but i have always considered buying another 5.0 instead of going through the hassle but i dont know im just ripping my hair out at the moment.

If you can locate a good engine, you could possibly rent a truck from Homedepot or something to pick it up. You don't have any friends that are over 21 or have a truck?