got another one

stevek72

Oct 26, 2008
i want to thank everyone that reassured me about not buying the 99 vert. i knew it was impossible for it to run like they claim it would. anyways it has been about 10 years since i have owned a stang and i got the itch for another one. after deciding not to buy the vert i was looking at used car lots and i found a black 2000 gt 5speed. 70928 miles clean carfax report and he wants 6900. from what i can tell by what everyone else wants that is a hell of a deal. so now it is time to start learning about this damn mod motor. lmao i should be picking it up tomorrow so i will have pictures real soon. once again thanks to those that talked me out of the vert. and any suggestion and best bang for my buck mods for this car?

• Sponsors (?)

you will enjoy it. and as far as the mod motor its a very simple design and easy to learn. of course its the only motor I've ever rebuilt on my own, so I guess I can't really compare it to pushrod type, but I never really liked doing anything complicated on those motors.

besides exhaust and gears I wouldn't waste $ on anything unless your gonna do the heads and cams.

Nothing wrong with a 99-00 either, there are only a few changes between them and the later years.

I am not suprised it sold fast for $6900.

I paid $7800 for my GT two years ago with 93k on the clock.

what spark plug thread issue? please inlighten me

Ford jipped us on an adequate amount of spark plug threads in the head.

If they are over-tourqed, or work their way loose they have a nasty habit of rocketing out of the head and taking the threads with them. Coil packs get taken out time to time also.

Most of the time it is repairable with something like a time-sert, which does not require the head to be pulled.

The best thing to do is to change plugs on a STONE COLD engine, make sure not to under/over tourqe them. Also use a TINY bit of anti-sieze on the plug threads.