got fuel but no spark

Jun 20, 2005
got the injectors working but ive got no spark, looking at the haynes i couldnt figure out where to test using the multimeter. the rotor and distributer look brand friggin new though. i replaced the wires already, new plugs and they arent fouled or anything. where do i test using the multimeter? and what else should i check out?

• Sponsors (?)

got a new coil and its reading 12v, plug for it is good. still wont start though. any other suggestions? at this point im probably gonna check the wiring to the rotor plug, then tommorow possibly replace that depending on everything else

anyone have any info on the plug that goes to the distributor? i only have power in two of the slots on it and im thinking this is causing the rotor to not move. what i need is a wiring diagram for that plug or which pins have power.

I know on a chevy if you have power to the coil but not from the coil it usually means the ignition module has gone bad....But I am not even sure if the ford dizzy's have one like the chev's do.

I just had to change the module in my truck on Monday.

yeah im probably gonna replace it tommorow, i mean with all my electrical problems lately i wouldnt be surprised if it went bad. the car had been sitting for 5 years before i boguth it anyway.

problem with my 84 was the ignition module. had it tested at autozone and it was bad, new one was 30 bucks. so after all the electrical bs and frustration i finally got her running. just gotta do the brakes and a million little things for inspection, but damn its nice to hear it run. thanks for all the help!

-- Creating a new thread vs. using the old thread to post the final results for a fix is poor etiquette --

Posts merged for continuity.

Please remember to place follow-up posts within their respective threads.

It helps others in their use of the search function to see the problem and the solution.

It prevents "junk" threads from being created within the Tech section that serve no purpose.