Got my dream job with the Petty Driving Experience!!

95Cobra302

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Daytona Beach, FL
And if that's not great enough, I work here at the Daytona International Speedway, one of the best tracks! I got my first ride, a ford when I was 19 and then started to get into drag racing. I loved it and still do, then I got interested into Nascar and stock car racing about 7 years. It took me over a year to get the job, but it's well worth it. Here are some pics!

View attachment 250101

View attachment 250102

View attachment 250103

IMG_3875.jpg

petty.jpg

View attachment 250106

View attachment 250107

88.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Hell I'd be estatic just to live in Florida :p

Congrats man! Looks like a fun job. Not sure what you do there, but being a crucial part of something you truely love is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. I wish you the best of luck with it!

I do alot of different things there, setup pit road in the morning and bring the cars out. At the end of day break down pit road and clean and detail the cars. I go over the driving techniques with them so they can increase there speed, get them suited up and put there helmets and hans device on, get them in the car and hook up the harness, go over the safety with them after they get in and bring the cars to the sunoco race pumps to refuel them. We usually do some traveling too and should be going to Talledega and Homestead in a month or two. It so fun working there I can't believe I get paid to do it, at least 30 customers a day tell me I have the best job ever. Seeing about 100-200 customers a day so excited and having the best time in there life is an awesome feeling.

Damn. I lived in Daytona Beach for 8 and a half years. I can't believe we haven't met. I thought I knew everyone there with a Mustang. I finally moved here to GA in 2006. 20 years in FL, I was so glad to get out. God Florida sucks. I've known a few people who worked at Daytona USA, and at least two people who worked for ISC. Congrats on the job. What's gone on car wise in Daytona since 06'?

Kurt