Got rear-ended tonight what to look for

My freind rear-ended me tonight with his ricer zx2. His hood is 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me'ed, same with his bumper and lights. My bumper has 1 lil hole and 1 crack about 4" long.1 of my tailpipes is pretty messed up also. It was very minor and it was definitly his fault. The thing I kinda regret tho is we didnt call it in. He said hell pay for it all he just doesnt want a ticket. I want to know if theres anything i should look for to make sure nothings wrong with my suspension. I need new tail pipes and i think a new bumper so i was wondering if you thought it would be smart for me to get a better one since im probably going to do it in the future anyways. Where should i look for these parts?

Oh and by the way, id advise you to be extremly careful with your stangs because it seems like theres been alot of accidents involving us lately. The two guys in mexico, greenmustang hit some one and then the other guy rolled his car over. My cars not nearly as bad but im still pissed, what should I do?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think you have to call it in, i think you just get his insurance information, take yourself to a body shop or dealership, give them the info, they contact the insurance, the insurance should contact your friend to see if it's true, he confirms blah blah blah, they fix your car

:spot:

Well I think this really depends on how good of a friend he is and how much you trust him..i mean if its an accident and he told you hes gonna pay for it...your being a good friend by not calling it in...I know if i hit a friend or if a friend hit me I would be easy on him and would expect the same..ya know

All the different states have different laws about this stuff. I go t in an accident right before christmas (Kansas) and we did not call the police, just exchanged info and then contacted the insuarnce compnay and they took care of it. In some states a lot of body shops wont do any repairs without a police report.

Get a new rear bumper cover and new deck lid if you need it. That will help expedite the process at the body shop. Get a few estimates, and make sure that all the places you are considering use PPG paint and have a paint match guarantee. I know Ford bodyshops do have both, and believe it or not are one of the best places to go. Ford has all the paint codes for our cars so it is very easy for them to match colors. Sorry about your luck.

Joe

yes if you claim it his rate will go up and points will be put on his record. If you decide not to have the insurance involved i would advise you to get the payment in full before the last day you have to report the accident. he already has his own car damage that he has to pay for and you have no guarentee that he will pay for your damage. I would write up a contract saying that he has to pay you a certain amount by a certain day and notarize it.