got something cool from work today

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
had an 08 breast cancer mustang come in with the left front fender hit.

we replaced the fender, blended door, blended a pillar, blended hood. going to throw trash out today, noticed something caught my eye in the truck.

0301001932.jpg

downsized0301001930a.jpg

so now i've got a neat little momento to have in one of the rooms in my house. just need a door and quarter panel and i'll have the whole side of a car in the room haha.

normally you can just take the emblems off, but because of the pink stripe on the car, i felt it made it unique enough to justify taking the whole fender. haha.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah i figured they would of, so i waited until they picked the car up, and the guy who does the estimates asked them if they wanted it. it was a girl. so maybe she was just like meh. haha.

what i found weird was, this is a GT fender, but the warriors in pink mustangs are v6s.

So the fenders are different? In what way other than two holes for the emblem?

6 bangers don't have holes for the alignment pins on the emblems, gts do. the warriors in pink mustang has the gt fenders because the emblem on them has the alignment pins.

when ordering a new fender for this car, we needed one with the holes for the pins. but when came time to order the fender, before it was tore down, he had just ordered a v6 fender, not realizing it needed the gt for the pins.

you could get by putting a 6 banger fender on and grinding the tabs off of the emblem, but to do it 100% you would want to order a gt fender in the first place.

i dont see any damage to the fender...is it just the angle of the picture? i see no reason for a replacement, as nothing is too out of whack. :shrug:

It's the same fender, Ford just charges more for the "GT" one because they take time to drill the emblem holes, if you look on the V-6 fender it will have two flat spots where you would drill the holes, just like the hoods have for the "GT" pack hood scoop and trunk lids have for the deck spoilers.

i dont see any damage to the fender...is it just the angle of the picture? i see no reason for a replacement, as nothing is too out of whack. :shrug:

hard to see in picture, but right at the top of the arch is kinked out, and the whole top above the emblem was pushed in. i banged out the top of the emblem,so it looks more presentable.

the arch would be basically impossible to get perfect again, it was more cost efficient to replace the fender.

i believe white, silver, and black.

i'd love to find some numbers on how rare this piece is.

08 warriors in pink, coupe, white. automatic.

btw, first time driving auto s197, its pretty sweet. still not for me, but its comfortable definitely.