Now I remember why.......(bruised, beaten rant)

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
So I got this Victory V92 Cruiser Harley wanna be.

I last rode this turd after an attempt to take it to the beach in the summer of 09.
I left the house that day intending to take the back roads,....stopping every hour or so to give my ass a break. It became apparent after the first hour, that the only break I could give my ass would've been to take the bike back to the house and drive my car,.....but I was determined to tough it out.
By the second hour,...My lower half was numb, and the simple act of putting my legs down to support the thing at a red light was mortifying. 4.5 hours later, I was in panama city,...w/ a defibrillator strapped to each ass cheek.

For the record,...those memorials you see along side the I-state, and highway is where I had to bury my ass each time I was unable to revive it. It's not what you think after all.

Riding it back found me caught in a day long rain storm,.....it took 7 hours to get home. When I got home I was so sick of the dam thing I parked it.

It sat under a cover until last month, when I decided to get it running so I could sell it and buy another "4 wheeled project".

Needless to say,....when the cover came off last month, what was underneath was a little "rough". The gas tank had rusted, and the whole tank was full of 4 year old flammable sludge. The paint was oxidized, the chrome was horrible, and the plexi was as fogged up as my shower door gets at 6AM.
I was gonna take it easy, and fix it at my leisure, as I had no burning reason to sell it.

That is until the Cobra became a reality.

The wife mandated that the Ranger had to go, as I could not afford two payments, and the 4k or so that the bike would bring would offset the upside down balance of the Ranger, and the proceeds from the sale of the ass killer would bring it down to reality that would ensure a quick sale.

So that brings me to today.

For the past two weekends I've been working on the piece of crap, trying to get the trashed tank clean and sealed, stripped, primed and repainted ( sitting under a cover for 4 years works wonders on the finish) . Ive been worrying about the "what ifs",....all revolving around the fact that I cut the tank open in order to get the rusty crap outta the tank. What if the tank leaks,...what if the pump has died, what if the regulator is jammed w/ sludge, what if......blah-blah-blah.

Well the tank is solid,...sealed w/ the same red kote I sealed the last car with. The pump works, the regulator isn't jammed...fuel pressure output is a solid 49 psi.

Will it start?.........Hell no. I ck spark,....it's got it. I ck fuel,...it's got it,...What it doesn't have is an injector the opens and lets that fuel into the cylinder........That was at 11 am this morning,..after thrashing all weekend to get it to the point of being ready to turn the key.

Now it's all back apart....I had to remove the tank,..cut the airbox apart so I could get the injectors out,..test the injectors for flow and operation, and start to put the thing back together,......with no better feeling about the whole wasted day,..because I didn't find out what was wrong with it.

So at 6:00 PM I trudge outta the garage,...broken,... smelling like gas,..hands and nails stained black w/ stupid black silicone, my back and knees screaming at me,....beat. All because I gotta get it outta here to make room for the supercharged yellow jacket soon to be in my driveway.

Now I remember why.......some days,......you wonder why you just didn't buy a KIA Optima.

• Sponsors (?)

Parts may be kinda hard to come by for the Kia in the near future...

korea_myanmar_two_nations_emerge_11931787_custom-8242bad3badbddd02f4c129cff433e1e341e16f8-s6-c10.jpg

Attachments

• korea_myanmar_two_nations_emerge_11931787_custom-8242bad3badbddd02f4c129cff433e1e341e16f8-s6-c10.jpg
    korea_myanmar_two_nations_emerge_11931787_custom-8242bad3badbddd02f4c129cff433e1e341e16f8-s6-c10.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 97
  • korea_myanmar_two_nations_emerge_11931787_custom-8242bad3badbddd02f4c129cff433e1e341e16f8-s6-c10.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 98
That sucks man. There aren't many worse feelings than when you feel like you are about done with something you don't even want to be doing, only to realize there is a problem and you have to get back to it. A couple years ago I was balls deep in swapping in my custom cam when I came across the T-top '86, and decided to put my '95 back to stock and keep the goodies for the fox. It was a grueling 2 day thrash to get it done so I could trade it off for a new toy. I had to go back and replace a valve cover gasket after the trade, but that was no biggie. I just remember how not fun putting it back to stock was, versus when I had put the aftermarket parts on. Just keep thinking about the Cobra while you tough through this crap job.

Attachments

• mustangbuild063.jpg
    mustangbuild063.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 96
  • mustangbuild063.jpg
    mustangbuild063.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • mustangbuild062.jpg
    mustangbuild062.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 85
  • mustangbuild062.jpg
    mustangbuild062.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 97
So here it is one week later......I have been quizzing various "Victory Experts" as to what could possibly be the problem w/ my P.O.S. Bike. They all say the same thing,....
"Huh,.....that don't make no sense....If you have fuel to the rail,....50 lbs of fuel pressure,....and you say the injectors passed a flow test,...it should start".

Yeah,...I know all of that, but the fact of the matter is that last week it wouldn't start.
This week,....after tearing the whole thing apart and finding nothing,....I put it back together,....exactly 7 days almost to the minute, I turn the key and push the button,...and VRROOOOMMM the b itch starts.

Don't ask me what I did,..other than the above,..but that don't matter I can now list it for sale,...buy down the upside down Ranger,.......List the Ranger (at a ridiculously low price), and sell that thing too.

(pics for you, Noobz:)

mustangbuild064.jpg

mustangbuild065.jpg

mustangbuild066.jpg

ricosuave001.jpg

Here is a pic of the same rear view of the bike before I painted it, and put the saddle bags back on..

I had a little more hair back then.:rolleyes: