got the fuel pump in a FIXED GAS Gauge

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i got to new 190 holley pump in...

turns out someone has been in there and changed the pump b4. it was a walbro pump, everyone says walbro makes all the pumps.

it was aftermarket, the wires were spliced like with any aftermarket pump.

i checked the numbers and some where the same. i think i may have had the 190 pump in or something. but i havent ever removed the tank since i have had the car. and i dont see why someone would change it. the engine was boner stock when i bought the car.

well pulled the guage sending unit out and the float was missing lol. it was floating around in the tank, we fished it out and put it back on so i have a working guage now HOORAY

also fixed a mysterious gas leak i had.
when i had a full tank or a little less, if i turned left the car would spill out gas. i checked the filler neck grommet... it was fine... turns out the guy b4 me who installed the old pump forgot the put the o-ring on the pump bracket so it would spill out the top.

didnt feel any difference, but at least i know for sure i have 190 pump and it was an easy install. i am ready for a SC yay

• Sponsors (?)

there were wire crimps where someone obviosly had been there. There were also parts of the wire exposed. I highly doubt it was the factory pump. Also the connector on top was cracked...

Foxfan88 said:
i got to new 190 holley pump in...

turns out someone has been in there and changed the pump b4. it was a walbro pump, everyone says walbro makes all the pumps.

it was aftermarket, the wires were spliced like with any aftermarket pump.

i checked the numbers and some where the same. i think i may have had the 190 pump in or something. but i havent ever removed the tank since i have had the car. and i dont see why someone would change it. the engine was boner stock when i bought the car.

well pulled the guage sending unit out and the float was missing lol. it was floating around in the tank, we fished it out and put it back on so i have a working guage now HOORAY

also fixed a mysterious gas leak i had.
when i had a full tank or a little less, if i turned left the car would spill out gas. i checked the filler neck grommet... it was fine... turns out the guy b4 me who installed the old pump forgot the put the o-ring on the pump bracket so it would spill out the top.

didnt feel any difference, but at least i know for sure i have 190 pump and it was an easy install. i am ready for a SC yay

I just installed a 155lph pump in my g/f's STOCK 94 mustang Gt cause a factory ford one cost $160. I got the 155 for $60 shipped. Nothing to do with your thread, just answering one of your questions. :)

Most pumps like walbro bbk holley etc you get a install kit and you splice the new plug into the old harness. This is common.
Somone prolly changed the pump because it went bad and its better to put a bigger one in for future mods.

RsStanG1987 said:
There are exposed wires on the factory pump inside the tank..

...but no splices. The top of the wires are riveted to the top of the pump housing assembly and there are two spade connectors running down to the pump. If it was spliced then the factory pump was indeed swapped.