got the mils need the mac

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
1,354
197
154
the Shadow Gallery
Can someone point me to a good deal on an o/r H pipe, such as MAC?
[I say MAC because I have heard of the best fitment to stock catbacks. The only other exhaust mod I have is Flows welded into the stock piping.]

Also, would an 04 GT need MIL extension wires? [I have on some new ones coming for $35 shipped.]

Would I need some sort of pipe adapter for the 2.5 to 2.25 changes?

How about a link to a good how-to on this install?

TIA
 
  • Sponsors (?)


I paid $129.95 for my Mac O/R H pipe at Late Model Restoration Supply here in Waco(luckily only 1 mile from my house) I believe they charge 10% for shipping in lieu of tax..so you could get it shipped to your door for around $143.00, of course you may be able to find it cheaper, also i paid $59.00 for my mil eliminators, they just snap right into the factory harness, instead of having to re-wire it..is a lot simpler, the install is fairly simple , get some ramps or if you have a lift, although You will need an extention to ubolt the factory mid pipe from the manifold; but other than that it's a direct fit. I love mine. You shouldn't need any sort of adapters, you'd have to see the H pipe but it slids into the other pipe then bolts on, well at least that's how i'm going to describe it; and it sounds awesome with 40 series flows..that's what i've got under my 02 GT

chris

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=253&Category_ID=1057 ( h pipe)

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=381 (mil elimintator)
 
ccharanza87 said:
I paid $129.95 for my Mac O/R H pipe at Late Model Restoration Supply here in Waco(luckily only 1 mile from my house) I believe they charge 10% for shipping in lieu of tax..so you could get it shipped to your door for around $143.00, of course you may be able to find it cheaper, also i paid $59.00 for my mil eliminators, they just snap right into the factory harness, instead of having to re-wire it..is a lot simpler, the install is fairly simple , get some ramps or if you have a lift, although You will need an extention to ubolt the factory mid pipe from the manifold; but other than that it's a direct fit. I love mine. You shouldn't need any sort of adapters, you'd have to see the H pipe but it slids into the other pipe then bolts on, well at least that's how i'm going to describe it; and it sounds awesome with 40 series flows..that's what i've got under my 02 GT

chris

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=253&Category_ID=1057 ( h pipe)

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=381 (mil elimintator)

TYVM Chris... I appreciate the information. I have the 40 series, Delta flows.
 
I heard that I may need a passenger side manifold gasket? Is this true? My car was purchased last August and has 9000 easy highway miles on it, no snow, little rain, etc.

I have heard the MAC comes with a driver's side flange-type seal, so I'm good there. I have some mil's coming. Will I need extensions??? :rolleyes:
 
ccharanza87 said:
the mac o/r that i sent you the link to actually has all the parts you need, including the gasket, but you can use the one that is already there, just be careful when removing the mid pipe.

What about the extensions for the o2 leads? Will I need them with the MAC on the 04?
 
as far as i know all you will need is the mil eliminators, just plug em right in to the harness, i had to get nothing extra, now i realize u have a 04 and mine is a 02, but i don't think it's any different....so with the o/r h pipe, the mil eliminators , and some work, it should be a smooth install...you shouldn't need anything extra for the the o2 sensors, but w/o the mil elimninator ur SES light will trigger...hope all this helps.
 
ccharanza87 said:
as far as i know all you will need is the mil eliminators, just plug em right in to the harness, i had to get nothing extra, now i realize u have a 04 and mine is a 02, but i don't think it's any different....so with the o/r h pipe, the mil eliminators , and some work, it should be a smooth install...you shouldn't need anything extra for the the o2 sensors, but w/o the mil elimninator ur SES light will trigger...hope all this helps.


I talked to a guy at Brenspeed today and he said that from 2003 forward, the pipe was changed and I would need the extensions as well as the MILs... Is this true or am I being sold on something I don't need?

TIA
 
git-it-83 said:
anyone? I'm worried because some people say I don't need the extensions on my 04 and others say I need them as the pipes were changed around in 2003. Please help!

You'll need them. Ford relocated the rear O2's forward for the '04's for sure, not sure about the '03. I needed them for my Bassani.
 
mac1009 said:
You'll need them. Ford relocated the rear O2's forward for the '04's for sure, not sure about the '03. I needed them for my Bassani.

mac1009, thank you very much. Now, I have to hit the classifieds....again!

I guess I can still proceed with the pipe installation, but will just have to put up the SES light until I get the extensions.....right?
 
Get the Mac Pro-chamber. Better sound and performance than the regular H pipe. The prices have gone up on them recently though. They are now $275 instead of $240.
 
git-it-83 said:
mac1009, thank you very much. Now, I have to hit the classifieds....again!

I guess I can still proceed with the pipe installation, but will just have to put up the SES light until I get the extensions.....right?

Yes. That's what I did for a week while I waited on my extensions.
 
git-it-83 said:
I have heard some people say speed bumps kill the ProC. Is that true?

I have it on two cars and it will occasionally catch on the one. Nothing of concern though, and that car sits very low and drives on busted up country roads.
 
git-it-83 said:
I have heard some people say speed bumps kill the ProC. Is that true?
My Pro-Chamber sits nice and tite. I don't think you will have any problems unless your car is really slammed!

Pro-Chamber%20Installed%20Front%20View.jpg


Pro-Chamber%20Installed.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Pro-Chamber%20Installed%20Front%20View.jpg
    Pro-Chamber%20Installed%20Front%20View.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Pro-Chamber%20Installed.jpg
    Pro-Chamber%20Installed.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 66