Got the new toy on the dyno!

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
After owning my 04 Cobra for 4 weeks now, i finally made time to get a dyno run.

The car was already previously tuned (with an SCT Chip 2 years before i owned the car) by JDM Engineering in south jersey, so when i bought the car I wanted to take it back to them for a re-tune to make sure my daily driver car was going to be ok.

And they did just that. After only 2 pulls the car was good to go and didn't need any tuning. So I only paid for the 2 pulls got my sheet and was on my way :nice:

Car made: 483.73 rwhp and 487.07 rwtq with 21* timing and 11.9 A/F ratio

Taking her to the track next weekend @ Island Dragway. Can't wait to see my crappy times with my street tires and 1st time owning a cobra. But oh well it'll be fun :D

Thanks JDM! Good guys down there. I would definitely recommend seeing them if you are in New Jersey looking for a tuner :flag:

- Jay

• Sponsors (?)

Christ, cobras love bolt ons

hehehe yeah a bit :) Whats scary is the thought that this car has the stock eaton on it, and the tune alone has room for more power with more timing and a bit more lean mixture.

Not that I will, im leaving it as is since its my daily driver...but makes you wonder what $300 port job on the Eaton might bump her numbers too :nice:

Very nice numbers! Must be a blast to drive :)

Yeah sure is, can't wait to take her to the track!! To be honest the car is almost TOO fast for a daily driver. Going to work I just want to HAMMER her but i can't because by the time you even THINK about gunning it the car is already doing 20 over the speed limit and you have to let off :rlaugh:

I must say the IRS rear is MUCH nicer as a daily driver over my 02 GT. Freaking car is a dream :nice:

...i'm yet to see this 'wheel hop' on the track though. I might be singing a different tune after i get back from trying to launch her down at the track next weekend :fuss: :rlaugh:

:banana: Freegin awsome man!!!!!!!!! VERY VERY nice #s.

Feel any difference in the tune? Cant wait to see track times :D

Oh and how much boost are you seeing? Buddy of mine has an 03 cobra that holds 15PSI. We arent sure what pulley it has, as its fairly plain with no markings. So I was wondering what you 2.81 gets you.

:banana: Freegin awsome man!!!!!!!!! VERY VERY nice #s.

Feel any difference in the tune? Cant wait to see track times :D

Oh and how much boost are you seeing? Buddy of mine has an 03 cobra that holds 15PSI. We arent sure what pulley it has, as its fairly plain with no markings. So I was wondering what you 2.81 gets you.

The car has a 2.81" pulley on it which makes 14.5psi boost I believe. I'm still kinda learning as I go, about these cobras and the blowers.