got the sfc's on today

bluextc

Feb 12, 2006
South Jersey
Well, the last of the Christmas goodies are now on the car. This morning I had the MM sfc's welded on. It is probably my imagination (I always think that when I do something new to the car), but I think it really is handling alot nicer.
Anyway, that is all, just thought I'd share my joy.
:D

• Sponsors (?)

Kasper's Korner in blackwood. They did the gears, too. They are awesome guys, and really into racing. One of them has a 6 second car! They're great to talk to and I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off. They charged $100 to do the sfc's, I am assuming that is reasonable... Either way, I feel like I'm getting quality work done there, so I am happy with them...

I noticed a difference the moment I sat in the car when we installed mine at work. Took about 2 hours which ended up in me having to prep the SFC's and sand the undercarriage of the car and cutting the SFC's and fab them to fit(ended up getting the 2V sfc's and not a 4V)

i was wondering about subframes...they are a good mod to have. i will have to get them too. i was wondering if my guy does it at his shop. you need a certain type of lift because the weight of the car has to be placed on the wheels when getting them welded in.

so you have to be on the drive on lift not the ones where you lide the lift arme under the sides of the car. i dont think my guy has the right lift....i have to ask him.

ADRENLN you have to use a lift thats lifts buy the tires so the car stays the way it would while driving. I'm getting mine done in like 1-2 week i got Full lengths. Just curious to the OP how much did that shop charge you to install your gears??

Kasper's Korner in blackwood. They did the gears, too. They are awesome guys, and really into racing. One of them has a 6 second car! They're great to talk to and I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off. They charged $100 to do the sfc's, I am assuming that is reasonable... Either way, I feel like I'm getting quality work done there, so I am happy with them...

they only charged me $50...but that was 10 years ago and in the old shop...now they have bigger bills with the new shop. They are great guys and very good with gear installs.