Progress Thread Grab A Trak Mid Eye Leafs Not Even

65-Fstbk

15 Year Member
May 20, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
resized springs.jpg
Anyone had this issue before?
I have installed a set of GAT mid-eye leaf springs on the FB. The drivers side of the car sits a full 1" lower than the pass side. I asked GAT about it and they said to switch sides as sometimes that cures it. I'm not sure how that would do it but if they say to try I guess I'll try.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Horse,

I'll try that but I'm not sure it's gonna work. Reason is I did not tighten the front spring bolts or shackles until it was down on the ground again. The saddles have a nipple in them that prevents forward or backward slide so I'm not sure if loosening the u-bolts will have any effect.

With the amount of experience you have, I'm gonna try it though.

Thx.

Chris

If it was on uneven ground when tightened it can cause the leafs to tighten un even ,just as when it is sagging on jack stands when tightened it can cause the ride height to be to high .Always tighten everything on level ground and with a full weight of the car on the springs for the best results . Did you compare the leafs for arc differences before installing ? Frame damage can also cause an uneaven settling of the leafs .

I'm going to raise the car a little, unbolt the leafs and shocks, raise it up more and put stands in place. Then unbolt the rest and remove the leafs. While out I will check the arch on both. Then reinstall on opposite side, lower and tighten.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers.
Chris

Ok so I got underneath and loosened everything up. Undid the shock bolts and took bottom end of shock off the spring plate. Then bounced the suspension and went side to side a few times. Seemed to correct a little. I haven't put the shock back on the PS spring plate yet but both wheel arches are now sitting within a quarter of an inch. Hopefully PS will settle a little more but I don't think a quarter inch will be noticeable (knock on wood!!!!).

Reactions: 1 user