Granada Spindle ????

golf4283

May 30, 2003
Orland Park, Illinois
Ok I have my granada parts stripped down to the spindle/brake caliper bracket and I was wondering if it is ok to soak the bracket in say a water filled with detergent in order to break the dirt free. There is loads of dirt caked all over the spindle and I want to just have it get soaked off instead of chipping away at it. Do you guys think I will ruin the spindle by soaking it or is it ok?

• Sponsors (?)

golf4283 said:
i think i might have to revert to some osrt of fire tool to get it out. It is just horrible right now. Stupid leaf spring. The bolt doesnt even budge when using any method.

Still not out huh, sorry to hear about that. I am telling you though, try the MAPP torch. It was the only thing that worked for me. As for getting the spindles what I did for mine was to get an electric drill and mount a wire brush attachment onto it. 20 minutes on each one and everything was off those spindles.

Try a Grinder and a cutoff wheel

golf4283 said:
i think i might have to revert to some osrt of fire tool to get it out. It is just horrible right now. Stupid leaf spring. The bolt doesnt even budge when using any method.

Use a right angle Grinder and a 4.5 inch cutoff wheel you can slide the cutting disk up between the spring and the hanger. You might hit some of the rubber bushing but it won't be too bad. What will happen is the sleave and the bolt will get hot and then they will seperate.

I tried a sawzall and that was pointless. I don't have access to a torch so I can't help you there. Good luck.