Granddad with 4.6 Supercharged/NOS---Now tell me what's Next?

Poppy4.6L

Dec 11, 2006
Need Help!:shrug: I raised 6 kids. The last went to college this semester. Grandkids coming on. So.....I bought a 2000 GT street/track/driver (17K miles and really NICE) and need some advice. I AM LISTING WHAT IT HAS (OR HAVE BEEN TOLD IT HAS, if internal) AND NEED SOME HELP TO KNOW WHAT ELSE TO THINK ABOUT. Thanks for helping an old guy.........watch out for me.

Engine: 4.6L SOHC, Procharger P1SC, 2 stage nitrous, Procharger intercooler with NOS fogger, MSD boost control, JE forged dished pistons, S.H.M. H-beam rods, forged crank, MSD Stacker 8 ignition/boost retard, Ford throttle body, Pro-M 90mm mass air meter, Mach 1 intake (not GT) intake (therefore a rigged-up charge air tube from SC to intake), PI heads with stock cams.

Tremac 5 speed. ??? Gear ratio and axle spline count. ??? clutch.

Exhaust: BBK long tube headers, BBK H pipe with Borla exhaust, no cats

Fuel: Aeromotive full fuel system, braided lines, filters, adj fuel regulator, 48# injectors

Other: Welded subframe connectors, UPR adjustable rear suspension set, Mack rear end cover, full Autometer phantom guage cluster include NOS pressure, boost, fuel, NOS bottle warmer, remote bottle opener, MSD shift light

18" Saleen wheels; 10.5" rear with 295/35/18's on the way for the back. (What slicks size should I look for for the track?)

I'm planning to have it dynotuned and come away with a computer and three custom programs (race/street/fuel economy).

Question: WHAT ELSE DO I NEED OR SHOULD I CHECK BEFORE I STICK MY FOOT ALL THE WAY DOWN?? Thanks for your help

• Sponsors (?)

well form the looks of it its a pretty well put together piece....as far as checking to see to if you can get on it go have it dynoed and they can do a A/F check

for your gear ratio simplest way jack the car up mark the tire at a certain point and the drive shaft then turn the wheel one full turn and see how many times the D/S spins if it does 3 1/4 turns then it's 3.27 if its like 3.5 turns then you have a 3.55 gear ratio and so on

San Man - Looking for a GOOD Ford dyno shop here in Tulsa or Oklahoma City. Lots of dynos and goofballs, but I want to find a good shop where they know what they are doing. Tons of Mustangs at Tulsa Raceway Park. They are getting them done somewhere. Performance Automotive, Inc. in OKC sounded pretty good. Mike (4.6LPoppy)

Sounds like you purchased a "turn key" setup that doesn't need much, if anything more. I would get it on the dyno before you get on it and definitely before you go to the track. Get a 93 octane "street tune," blower only race tune, and nitrous race tune. You don't need a gas mileage tune. You should run C16 race fuel at the track, at least 50 percent. Get a pair of 15X10 Weld Draglites or some other light weight drag wheel. Put on a pair of 28X10.5 inch Mickey Thompson ET Drag slicks. By the way, I'm an old dude also with two grandsons. :nice:

Sounds like someone spend alot of time and money putting that combo together.
Only things that jump out at me are perhaps a set of blower cams if it doesn't have enough power.
If further mods are not in store for you I'd suggest a flipchip. Have a street tune, flip the switch nitrous tune, flip the switch and a race nitrous tune for some c16. but that's me.

O1-Steeda, Yes, the NOS on the Procharger setup scares me and I don't plan to run it through the intake. However, I have been told that if I run it through the intercooler fogger I may be OK since I am not burning it but making hp with colder air. I have the NOS fogger kit on the intercooler. Sound right???

04DarkShadowGT- No shaker. Just the intake manifold and throttle body are physically not like the regular GT setup right on top of the manifold. It sort of curves off toward the right front headlight about 8 inches from the center of the intake. I'll have the guys at the Ford dynotune shop help me understand what it is exactly.

jimfitzgerald - - pretty much complete setup. Done at a reputable speed shop, not shade tree. I AGREE about the need to dyno tune first. I will. Where I am going they will send me home with a computer containing three programs developed for the specific car and eqipment and dyno printouts. It will have race/street/fuel economy separate programs and I can choose for the occasion.