Griffin Aluminum Radiator (PICS)

• Sponsors (?)

cobraii74x, Is the install complete? How's it working (cooling effectively)? Pics of the completed installation? What did you do for a lower hose? With the lower fitting pointing up at an angle and being 1 3/4" was there a problem with clearance between the PS fan belt? If you can tell I'm trying to install mine this weekend and have a couple questions.

Sorry bud, not completed. We had taken out the radiatior to change it, and figured "while that is out, why not put the cam in" and when we got the cam in we figured "while the engine is torn apart.. why not do the heads" so we started that, and then I found that 78 CBII. So we are waiting until I get that. The 74 didn't have power steering but the 78 does and we had planned on putting the aluminum in there since I already have it and everything. Sorry I can't be more of help, but be sure to post how yours goes because I will be interested :)

fastmustangII said:
What would be the difference between a racing radiator and a street use one?

Not sure if this is the (only) difference, but the Racing ones have a high amount of cooling fins between the cores. Its OK for short (racing) applications, but theres not enough air flow to really cool off a street motor for long drives.

(I think)