gt 500 fuel pump instructions

gpp

Jul 3, 2005
just wondering,am i the only person who got a gt 500 fuel pump kit with no instructions and and no labled wires?yes,i downloaded them from the ford web site but how do you for get to lable the wires and no instructions.and i dont have any idea how they expect me to send that fuse tap on the hot wire through the rubber gromet in the fire wall at the kick panel.if i could get the wires out of the fuse tap it would be nice but i havent out how to do it.any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

just wondering,am i the only person who got a gt 500 fuel pump kit with no instructions and and no labled wires?yes,i downloaded them from the ford web site but how do you for get to lable the wires and no instructions.and i dont have any idea how they expect me to send that fuse tap on the hot wire through the rubber gromet in the fire wall at the kick panel.if i could get the wires out of the fuse tap it would be nice but i havent out how to do it.any ideas?

I just installed the dual fuel pump as part of my HO Whipple kit. Mine wasn't labeled either but the harness was pretty simple to figure out (ie: which connectors go where). I cut the power wire just before the fuse link and routed the cut end through the firewall and up into the engine compartment. I then stripped the ends back, slid a piece of heat shrink on, reconnected them (butt wrap), soldered them together, and set the heat shrink. Then made the power connection at the distribution block. You don't want to make any bigger hole in the firewall grommet than necessary given the problems with water leaks on the passenger side of some S197's. Make sure to tape the grommet and wire together and I even used a short zip tie around the nib in the grommet. Hope that helps.