GT Stock Exhaust on a V6

2010stangirl

Aug 19, 2009
Kentucky
Hello all...I have a 2010 V6 Premium Automatic and eventually want to convert the single stock exhaust to the dual GT style stock exhaust and get the dual exhaust style rear valance. In addition, my husband says I'll need an X-pipe, but does anyone know if this transition would be seamless, or will some modifications need to be made? I'm interested in purchasing the GT stock exhaust (used or take off) because I think it would be quieter than some of the aftermarket brands.

• Sponsors (?)

It will probably require some modifications that your local muffler shop could easily do. If it's like my 01 V6, the manifolds came down into a "Y" and then it was a single pipe out the back, so there are no hangers etc. for the other side.

I did this same modification in December. I have a BBK CAI also and went with the Pypes True Dual Exhaust Cat-Bak w/X-Pipe and Stock GT mufflers. Swapped the stock single outlet valance with a Roush Dual. My local body shop swapped me the new single outlet valance for the labor to make the swap. Well worth it since the "old" valance had no value to me. The exhaust install was simple. Cut the stock "Y" pipe according to the instructions and it's a bolt on. Everything fit perfect.

Sounds great. Not "yappy" in the neighborhood, but sweet when you stand on it!

Attachments

• Exhaust 004.jpg
    Exhaust 004.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Exhaust 006A.jpg
    Exhaust 006A.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 114