GT500 or Saleen S281 E

reddrgn01gt

Jun 8, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Just like the title says guys. Would you rather have a GT500 or a s281 e? I have been arguing with a kid on a myspace mustang board about this. Before you label me gay a girl i know made me sign up so i thought i would check out their mustang board. It is filled with kids who have no clue what they are talking about. In the last week I have pimped out stangnet numerous times as a place to find info from knowledgeable people.:SNSign:

My vote goes for the gt500. 5.4 4v dohc > 4.6 3v sohc. The guy keeps telling me the saleen is a much better car that was built for road racing and the gt500 is a road car. He also says it has a much better engine.

What are your thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know if I agree guys. You can easily buy a Saleen S281 E for MSRP, but you wont be seeing a Shelby for that anytime soon.

The E is a base MSRP of 68K, but its specs are better than the Shelby. It has more hp, more tq, better brakes, lighter weight (according to saleen the E weights 3600lbs while the shelby has been said to be nearly 3900lbs) the suspensions are probably pretty equal and imo the Saleen looks better.

04DarkShadowGT said:
I dont know if I agree guys. You can easily buy a Saleen S281 E for MSRP, but you wont be seeing a Shelby for that anytime soon.

The E is a base MSRP of 68K, but its specs are better than the Shelby. It has more hp, more tq, better brakes, lighter weight (according to saleen the E weights 3600lbs while the shelby has been said to be nearly 3900lbs) the suspensions are probably pretty equal and imo the Saleen looks better.

+1

04DarkShadowGT said:

02LaserRed2V said:

+2

I hate the '05 + stangs.
they make me :puke:

they are so ugly.