GT500 wheels + Big Brake Kits: The Truth about fitment.

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
Houston TX
Do these wheels fit the Stoptech/Roush/Saleen 14in Big Brake kit?

I have to make a thread just for this but so far I've only gotten: print out the template and see. The problem with that is that I don't have a set to measure as I'm in the process of deciding IF i want to get these wheels to fit my bbk.

I know that the Brembo 14in brakes work as they are GT500 o.e.m. but that doesn't mean the Stoptechs will be the same size and might run into fitment issues..

Thanks for the input! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Either be safe and get the brembos or at worst you may need spacers to clear the spokes with the stoptech's. Sucks playing guessing games. I did that also with my brembos.

Well I got a killer deal on the Stoptechs and I bought them before the deal was up so I'm trying to get a good set of wheels to go with them. Seeing how the GT500 clear a 14in Brembos and I can get a set of those for cheap (plus I like how they look) well I'm just going to have to annoy a dealer today and do some measuring I guess.

Sorry I'm no help Walter. They, or the Ford GT knock off wheels, will probably be your best bet, I would just get what you want and then measure to see if you need spacers and how thick.
Dan

Well here's an update. I went to a couple of dealerships today and none had a GT500 wheel up on display for me to measure. I took a trip to American Wheel and Tire and they had up on display a set of replica GT500's in 18x9 & 18x10s. I Tried on the 9's (which are thinner then the OEM 9.5) and they fit. Also one of the dealerships has an incredible selection of performance Mustangs (P51's, GT500 KRs, Blackjacks, RTC's, etc.) it had a GT500 for sale and the wheels clear the brembos by what looked like 5/16s of an inch. The Stoptechs shouldn't be that much bigger then the Brembos.

Any thoughts?

I am of no value by backup measuring from the mounting point.. I happened across a deal for a set of GT500 brembo's with rotors and lines for 450.00 from a 500 to supersnake upgrade. I couldn't pass up the deal and bit the bullet hoping they would fit my NAD6 wheels.

They barely cleared, 3/16 of inch from spoke to face of caliper.. Got lucky over all..

I want to know why I never get lucky with the deals like that? :shrug:

Someone is selling a kit on EBAY for $675 - wish I had the money right now :(

Yep, the ones I scored had a buy it now of 675.00 or something close to that, but also had the "make an offer" button. So it low balled the number and honestly feel like I stole these things.. They are incredible in both asthetics and performance.