guess my horse power?

BDASPNY

Jan 3, 2006
HAMPTON ROADS
i just recently got my engine and tranny redone. i added lots of new stuff. as soon as it's broke in and i recover from what the rebuild cost me i plan to get it dynoed. so any guess's as to how much hore power it may be?

engine
cobra intake
70mm tb
stock mass air
19 lbs inj
cold air intake
comp cam 274
afr 185's
1.6 r/r
adj fpr and guage
under drive pulleys
3g alt upgrade
smog delete
255 lph fuel pump
mac short headers
o/r h pipe
flowmaster cat back
373 rear gears
poly motor mounts

tranny

complete rebuild w/ hi-po internals
2400 stall
transgo shift kit
fluid cooler
poly mount

i thinks that's it.

• Sponsors (?)

BDASPNY said:
i plan to port and polish later on. supposed to be good for 400 hp? so i thought it would do well.
AFR 185's are good for an easy 500hp, so you're still 100hp short! Seriously though, a well-ported Cobra (Extrude Honed) could keep up with those heads to about 6000 RPM so itd be alright for a street car

That's a tough guess, the parts are quite the mismatch.

Don't bother porting the cobra, just last month they tested a ported cobra vs the BBK, and the BBk clobbered it.
I'd use an rpm intake.

The injectors and meter are also too small. Done right, the combo should get you around 320rwhp, but done your way, probably in the 280's. I realize this stuff costs money, but it's part of the game.
Me personally i wouldn't bother with a dyno run until you get some 24's and an 80mm pro m. Because you'll be going back anyway.

I also don't see how many cubes you have, a afr 185 is pretty big for a 302 or 306, and velocity will probably be hurt, making the car a turd down low.

I'm a big extrude honing fan, but for an intake it was good back in the day, when others that were better weren't available, now there is like 10 to choose from, so no need to bother dropping $250+ on that.

i figured the cobra would do well for a dd. i do plan on upgrading the injectors and the air meter just have not figured to what yet. i got the 185's so that i could use them as i modify instead of needing to get a bigger set later. it's stock 302 bottom end currently. a 351 may be in the future. it's a work in progress. it runs well and pulls hard so i'm happy till i can afford my next mods.