h/c/i or low boost blower

fballplayya82

Apr 12, 2008
i bought a 95gt vert w/106,000 miles, i already have pullies,clod air,c n l 76, 70mm tbody,mac h high flow cat, mac catback, i just bought a cobra upper n lower ported n polished for 150 bucks but it needs a lil machine work,king cobra clutch n a a b m ripper ford c springs, and 373's. do i go w/ a small blower lik 6 lb's (or what size would u reccomend w/ 106k) or a set of trickflow head n a cam prob trickflow stage 1, any advice on what to do i wanna bolt on sum hps for my bday

• Sponsors (?)

what do you plan on using the car for? dd or weekend toy?

honestly a good h/c/i is better than a power adder b/c the power is always there. cost is usually close to the same and with that kind of mileage, while it is not high the motor could use some tlc and a new top end is a great start.

I went HCI first then blower. You will want a new top end with your blower. A blower by itself is an easier install but if you have a HCI first you will be familiar with your engine and it will like the boost better. I dont think you will be satisifed with a blower on a stock engine. Blowers on stock engine tend to pop head gaskets is you run too much boost and boost is VERY addictive. Y ou will always want more boost and when you pop a head gasket you have to take your heads off anways soooo why not go ahead and prep the motor first..

I went supercharger first, and then upgraded practically every component under the hood to work with it. Thinking back I would prob go with the HCI now..

It's rec to update the fuel pump, injectors, MAF, Ignition system, throttle body, head studs, etc with the supercharger setup.. Gets very expensive and prior to my new heads and cam, I wasn't all that impressed with the horsepower.

I went HCI first then blower. You will want a new top end with your blower. A blower by itself is an easier install but if you have a HCI first you will be familiar with your engine and it will like the boost better. I dont think you will be satisifed with a blower on a stock engine. Blowers on stock engine tend to pop head gaskets is you run too much boost and boost is VERY addictive. Y ou will always want more boost and when you pop a head gasket you have to take your heads off anways soooo why not go ahead and prep the motor first..

A new Head gasket should come standard with the supercharger kit.. Mine lasted about a month...(with tune)