h-pipe leaking need help

lxhatch91

Jul 28, 2018
quebec
hey guy i want to know if they exist donut flange or something to seal between the headers and h pipe. and also between the h pipe and the end off exhaust i mean the second joint off the h pipe a take a bump and and i crush the joint i work on it now is round but they leak a bit again they smell in the car

• Sponsors (?)

You must be allergic to the punctuation mark called a period.

Just in case English is not your first language, here's Google's French translation:
Vous devez être allergique au signe de ponctuation appelé période

Poorly written posts get fewer answers because they make the writer seem less capable or intelligent than they actually may be.
Please edit your post and use proper punctuation and grammar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If the fasteners work loose the pipe may move a little and leak. Loosen the fasteners, re position pipe and tighten up fasteners really good. Sometimes they just dont line up very good. In that case, try to figure out which joint leaks the most, line that one up first and tighten before moving to the others.

I had a issues with my header/H-pipe joint leaking and found that threads on the headers did not go far enough up on the stud to allow a tight seal. A thick washer on each stud took care of it.

Reactions: 1 user