H13 headlamp relay/wiring upgrade kits???

metroplex

Sep 7, 2003
SE MI
I am looking at my 2007 FSM and it shows the low-beams on the S197 GTs being powered out of the Smart Junction Box's "low current board". The high beams and foglamps are powered by a switching relay which switches power directly from the power distribution box (big honking fuse box in the engine bay), so that pretty much takes care of the high beams and foglamps. However, my concern is that the low beams could still use an upgrade by having relays switch power directly from the battery/alternator to the low beams via shorter and thicker wires. I have no idea how the low current board is designed but it sounds like a low-current IC circuit designed to just send power through PCB traces. I don't understand why Ford did not use relays for the low beams as well :nonono: heck, the lowly 03-up Ford Focus even has relays for the low/high beams AND the foglamps.

Any ideas? I checked APC and Painless for a kit to no avail. I would love to have a total plug-n-play install without having to cut the stock connector (those that have installed such kits know what I'm talking about).

• Sponsors (?)

with the S197s, we have to wait for everything. :( i want a new urethane tranny mount, but its not offered yet. :bang:

i think you are going to have to custom build a harness yourself, unless you want to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.