Had to have it

DH71986

Feb 17, 2017
I bit the bullet and purchased a 1986 Mustang SVO. It isn't perfect by no means but it is 34 years old. It has some rust but looks to be surface rust. The interior is in really good shape. It is tuned using a PIMPx ecu on 91 with 18psi. It may not be the fastest thing but its great fun.I have a few things I need to get taken care of. It is lowered on some Eibach springs and rides pretty rough. They gentleman I bought if from gave me some other coil springs, alum radiator, OEM radio, and a bunch of other misc parts and pieces. I have had a hard time trying to find a new dipstick tube since this one is loose and as far as I can tell doesn't have a hold down. Any one know where to find a new tube? I also have to put a different fuel level sending unit because the last owner put a new one in when he put a bigger fuel but in and it was't the correct ohm rating. He gave me the original that is should still be good. I am taking it to a local exhaust shop Friday to have the exhaust redone as it hangs to low and rubs on just about everything it seems. I also received a folder full of documents from just about every owner I believe. I couldn't believe that in this folder was the window sticker from when it was new!

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like other than the missing side skirts it's complete including the wing nice purchase... nice to see it already switched to air2air and looks to have pretty solid upgrade choices so it should be a fun car congrats

Looks like other than the missing side skirts it's complete including the wing nice purchase... nice to see it already switched to air2air and looks to have pretty solid upgrade choices so it should be a fun car congrats

Thank you. I do have the passenger side trim piece for the bottom but I think it might have fallen off at one time because it is pretty beat up. I am missing the little flares that go in front of the rear tires. I forgot to mention it has a Garrett ball bearing turbo as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. I do have the passenger side trim piece for the bottom but I think it might have fallen off at one time because it is pretty beat up. I am missing the little flares that go in front of the rear tires. I forgot to mention it has a Garrett ball bearing turbo as well.
You'll be able to pickup the missing pieces no problem, people part these cars out like their is no tomorrow. although the bi wing is very hard to find.