Hail to the V6 Forum!

mash2k

Jul 31, 2005
NE Ohio
I would like to start off by introducing myself and saying that I really applaud the enthusiasm and effort some of you guys are showing in making the 4.0 Mustang V6 an even better car than it already is. I am strongly considering a new Mustang '06 for a DD.
I have already owned three Mustangs, an '84 vert 5.0 5 sp, a 5 sp 5.0 LX, and a '95 GT. I test drove an '05 V6 and it was pretty strong for a V6. I am now torn between the GT and the V6.

MSP, Echo7, Jimp and the others: I absolutely love the sound of your x-pipe exhaust. I am now leaning toward the V6 because of you guys. A V6 with this exhaust, lowered a little and with some hot looking wheels would be worth not spending the extra for a V8.

I will also confess that I own a '91 Corvette but it is a car that is garage kept in the winter. It NEVER sees snow but I drive it like I stole it during spring and summer. It is modded to some degree and I could never part with it. That said, I also LOVE Mustangs too. Please don't hold it against me

I will be watching with much interest your mods and successes and will probably ask a lot of questions. I also noticed that you are a pretty mature group compared to other Mustang forums I have visited. Very much like my Corvette board.

I would like to mention one more thing. I am sure you already understand that the Gtech is a nice piece of gear but it is VERY generous with its results. It WILL give you a nice relative comparison between exhaust set ups and their effectiveness. You can only achieve real world results on the drag strip. Us Corvette dudes have used both and I only wish my drag strip 1/4 mile was as fast as my "Gtech" LOL.

Again, I have the utmost respect in what you guys are doing and am ready to join the club so to speak. Keep up the great work.

Mark

Thanks for the welcome. At this point I haven't quite decided what I want yet. Thinking about a vert.

The part that irritates me is that the dealer marks up the V8's from sticker and they want sticker for the V6's. I have never paid sticker for a car EVER!.
It is usually about "how much over invoice" I'll pay.

a, d, x-plans are all prices you can pay for a car through ford with no negotiation. x-plan is like for people that know someone who works for ford, d-plan is for affilliates of ford, and a-plan is for employees of ford.

haledixon said:
i got the B plan on mine... B for Bend over.

at least, compared to ya'll's.

That is the ONLY plan local dealers have around here. I get sick of their smug attitudes about the Mustang. I can't really get too mad, after all it is supply and demand. I will be patient.

mash2k said:
That is the ONLY plan local dealers have around here. I get sick of their smug attitudes about the Mustang. I can't really get too mad, after all it is supply and demand. I will be patient.

I am looking forward to you getting the 06 V6 with the lovely Pony package!! You deserve it, for all the nice things you have thrown our way! LOL!! Lets see, a Black 06 V6 with Gold Bullits, and matching ralley stripes... With Black Leather interior.. Sweet!! I would love to see that car!!

That car you just mentioned sounds great MSP except the dealer is saying I cannot get the 17" bullit wheels on it. I am trying to get the car I want from the factory without having to go spend another 2k in wheels and tires, etc.

How about a torch red convertible, Blk leather, Shaker1000, Bullit wheels, lowered 2", with the same exhaust you have. Now that would be a nice DD.

For about the same price I could get a loaded GT non-vert. The new GT's are so nice but I would have to mod it to beat my vette in the Qtr and it will never outhandle it. So, the V6 would be perfect.

haledixon said:
i got the B plan on mine... B for Bend over.

at least, compared to ya'll's.
Sorry to hear that haledixon.

The sticker on my car was 24,650 but I paid 23,000 cuz I ordered it. Unfortunately, I had to wait 17 weeks for delivery! At least I got the sonic blue I wanted and I haven't had any of the TSB problems of the earlier builds (mine was built June 3rd).

When I went to pick up my car I was gripeing about the ridiculous wait. The salesman apologized and proceeded to pull out a stack of 28 folders. Each folder was an order for a new mustang ... and the orders were just the ones he had sold!! Ford is going to make poop-loads of money on the new Mustang, especially with the Camaro/Firebird no longer available. At least the new Mustang is a truly great and well-engineered automobile. Kudos to Ford on the new Stang!