Handz Detailed: SN95 + Celeste Dettaglio

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
So, its time for Spring and I really wanted to get my car looking good for cruising the beach. My last wax (Rubbish Boy's Original Edition) had just about worn off and I was ready to try something new. I Decided to try the new wax from Chemical Guys, Celeste Dettaglio: Mark Elsworth's signature wax. I was very excited to try this new wax from all the good stuff I have been reading on the VXR forum. I decided since i was trying a new wax, i would correct the paint as I had very light wash swirls and a few RIDS. I was going to try and 1-step with Menzerna Power Finish but that just wasnt strong enough for my hard paint so I used SIP & 106FA.

I REALLY like Celeste Dettaglio. First off the wax smells amazing. Like nothing I have ever smelled before. Most waxes usually smell like fruit or chemicals, but Celeste Dettaglio smells of "Fresh". Very Light scent. Almost like a soap product a women would use. Very Heavenly. CG E-zyme smells very fruity, but this smells very clean. It makes it easy to use because it smells like i am in a women's bathroom. lol The wax goes on and off very easy with a cure time of 20 mins.

I also like the look of the Celeste Dettaglio. Its a very crisp, sharp looking wax. E-zyme is very oily and I really like that oily look on dark colored cars, but the Celeste Dettaglio looks very crisp and clean, which I like alot on my metallic car. I like how it makes my car "pop" in the sun.

Celeste Dettaglio is defiantly a favorite of mine and staying in my collection.

The pics should say it all!!!

Wheels & Tires:
- CG Citrus WashClear
- CG Diablo
- CG APC
- Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

Wash:
-CG Citrus Wash & Gloss (Double Strength To Strip)
-Natural Sea Sponge
-Invisible Glass

No Claying (Not Needed)

Paint Correction:
-Hitachi SP18VA
-Porter Cable 7424
-CG Evolve 4R Backing Plate
-Menzerna SIP w/ HEXLOGIC Orange Pad
-Menzerna 106FA w/ HEXLOGIC Black Pad
-CG EZ Creme w/ HEXLOGIC Blue Pad

Protection:
-Porter Cable 7424
-CG Jetseal 109 w/ HEXLOGIC Red Pad
-CG Celeste Dettaglio

Plastic Trim
- CG Silk Shine
- CG Fade 2 Black

Metal:
-CG Metal Shine

IMG_4542Small.jpg

IMG_4503Small.jpg

IMG_4494Small.jpg

IMG_4492Small.jpg

IMG_4521Small.jpg

IMG_4526Small.jpg

IMG_4527Small.jpg

IMG_4559Small.jpg

IMG_4596Small.jpg

IMG_4598Small.jpg

High Powered LED's in a Parking Structure

IMG_4570Small.jpg

IMG_4613Small.jpg

IMG_4615Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Handz. I noticed you used an orange pad. From my understanding that orange pad has a pretty significant cut to it. from all the detailing/care you give to your car, why would you need such a pad on your car's paint?

FYI, pure waxes dont have filling properties..... thats why I 2 step corrected the paint before applying protection.

That is exactly right. A properly corrected car shouldn't have any swirls or scratches present. All a LSP does is provide protection and additional depth, warmpth, and shine (depending on the product of course).