Hard clutch on 91 Stang, Need Help!

StangBullitt01

Feb 18, 2006
I have a 91 mustang GT, and I am having problems with my clutch. The clutch is as hard as a rock before and after I changed the tranny and the clutch. I also changed the clutch quadrent and the firewall adjuster. The only 2 things I havent changed have been the entire firewall and the pedal assembly. If anyone knows why my clutch is so hard please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have a cable with adjustment on the clutch end? The binding common to adjustable cables is often due to misplacement of the adjusting nuts on the fork end of the cable. This will also cause the cable to wear and fray. Both nuts should be on the back side of the fork so that the domed nut faces the fork and the other nut serves as jam or locknut to the domed nut.

What kind of clutch are you using? Did you lightly lube where the throwout bearing rides? Did the TOB go on easily? If youre still using the stock aluminum piece then its very common for it to get high spots.

I don't have an ajustable clutch cable, I have just a stock cable. This is the same problem I was having before I changed everything. I am using a Ram clutch that was made just for my TKO 600. The Tranny went perfectly into the TOB and everyhting was lubed.