Hard clutch pedal

Rmoore45

Jun 5, 2011
'67 coupe 289, king cobra clutch, 96 T-5 (with steel bearing retainer), mustang steve cable clutch conversion.

I don't know what the problem is, but my clutch is really hard to actuate. I have the longer 96+ clutch cable and its very easy to move without the clutch. However when I hook up the clutch, its very difficult. The people that have this same setup say that the clutch should be easy to move, but for some reason mine is not.

Any advice or tips/tricks would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Interesting. The diaphragm style clutch is typically easier than the OEM semi-centrifugal clutch. The T5 conversions I've been involved with, and driven, are quite easy to operate, because they have all used stock linkages, not cables. Perhaps your pressure plate differs from those people.

I had the same issue when I completed my t5 conversion. I installed the king cobra clutch setup, and added the mustang steve quadrant to the stock pedal. I tried adjusting the cable and was unsuccessful. It never felt correct and was ridiculously hard trying to depress the clutch. And you could actually see the firewall flexing. I ended up selling the mustang steve setup and converting over to a hydraulic setup. Sorry , i couldnt be anymore help but I never could get a good pedal feel.