Hard Top Conv. Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

I think its more rare than the seller thinks, I'm 90% sure that there was only 299, and not 499 of them ever made. I'd LOVE to have one, if I did I too would completely ditch the soft top.

SeventyMach1 said:
Wow .... Ben .. is that your car!?!
no, but if that thing goes for under 10k its a steal. Paul, there are only 499 cobras made, 8 GT's. it is really nice to have the soft top for those times you get caught out in the rain--which happens alot here in the midwest.

i would really like to have another, and if i find one for under 10 i just might have to.

bimmertech said:
i would really like to have another, and if i find one for under 10 i just might have to.
Damn man, you're lucky to have one! If you really want another, e-mail that guy and make him an offer outside ebay. If I had $10k sitting around, I'd be doing that very thing right now...

DarkProphet said:
Anyone with a vert can buy an addon hardtop. I remember seeing a company that makes them in the back of a mustang magazine. THey were like 1600 bucks if i remember correctly.

Yeah but Ford had to have them custom fit for each car, so I bet it won't look very good if it's an universal one.

So 8 GT's had the removable hard top too? I never heard that before. Never seen one for sale either, have you Bimmer?

And LOL, the second sentence says "factory balanced and blueprinted motor". I guess my motor is as well then. :nonono:

Scott

mo_dingo said:
So 8 GT's had the removable hard top too? I never heard that before. Never seen one for sale either, have you Bimmer?

8 gt's were for press meetings/brochures and it is rumored that they were never given a VIN. if you look at his description he states the veh is #507 out of 499. :shrug:

that would make that cobra the very last made. it is hard to say if the gt's were ever VIN'd as they may be VIN'd as 94 models. all the hardtop/verts are actually 94 cobra's but ford did not receive the supply of tops until it was too late to get them in as 94's and instead had to tag them as 95's. this is also the reason why they only made them 1 year--supplier was very inconsistent with supply.

so if you ever see a 94/95 GT that is yellow with a white top, white leather interior, it may very well have a removeable hardtop and be worth a fortune. i have never seen one for sale and i have never seen a yellow/white GT convertible either.

and in case anybody was wondering the removable top will only fit those vehicles optioned with it as the a-pillars and rear attach points are very different.

bimmertech said:
8 gt's were for press meetings/brochures and it is rumored that they were never given a VIN. if you look at his description he states the veh is #507 out of 499. :shrug:

that would make that cobra the very last made. it is hard to say if the gt's were ever VIN'd as they may be VIN'd as 94 models. all the hardtop/verts are actually 94 cobra's but ford did not receive the supply of tops until it was too late to get them in as 94's and instead had to tag them as 95's. this is also the reason why they only made them 1 year--supplier was very inconsistent with supply.

so if you ever see a 94/95 GT that is yellow with a white top, white leather interior, it may very well have a removeable hardtop and be worth a fortune. i have never seen one for sale and i have never seen a yellow/white GT convertible either.

and in case anybody was wondering the removable top will only fit those vehicles optioned with it as the a-pillars and rear attach points are very different.

Maybe his cobra was #507 out of the 1000 or so cobra's that were made that year. I thought that was how the SVT certificates worked anyway.

But that's really crazy about the GT's, Ford is so strange. I will be on the look out from now on. Unfortunately I own a 95 black vert so I think it would be wierd to have a 95 cobra too, but I still really want one. I have never been one for classics or rare cars, but this is one I would lose an arm to own...lol.
Scott