Harmonic Balancers

coolblue65

Founding Member
Jul 26, 1999
1,224
2
39
Algonquin, IL
I am currently putting together the parts for my 347 build and I am trying to decide on a good quality balancer that isn't going to blow the budget.

Right now I am leaning towards this Summit balancer (which I am sure is made by a well known company and just rebranded) its SFI rated and only $114:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...839044+4294871851+4294871848+115&autoview=sku

Aside from that the only ones that are under $200 are the Professional Products balancers that you find on Ebay that are about $100. They say they are SFI approved as well.

So should I just go with the Summit balancer?


Here is what I am building:

DSS 347 Shortblock
Trickflow heads
Comp XE 282 HR cam
Victor Jr intake
Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
Jet hot Hooker Competition long tubes
 
I have the Professional Products SFI balancer - works great, has held up well at the track and has VERY clear markings. Be sure to get the spacer if necessary for your application.

I'm not sure how the stock balancers are for the classic mustangs, but guys over in the 94-95 forum that replace a busted stocker with another stocker end up having that one go out as well, they also frequent the track.

Wes
 
With the $$$ you're putting into that mill, don't scrimp on the balancer.

Romac. :nice:
 

Attachments

  • Romac1.webp
    Romac1.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 183
I have the Professional Products SFI balancer - works great, has held up well at the track and has VERY clear markings. Be sure to get the spacer if necessary for your application.

I'm not sure how the stock balancers are for the classic mustangs, but guys over in the 94-95 forum that replace a busted stocker with another stocker end up having that one go out as well, they also frequent the track.

Wes

hi the professional product damper "sfi" is that lighter than the stock damper..