Has anybody ever done this before?

I sometimes have this problem while I'm in my Mustang. I am almost 6 feet tall and I also have long legs. When I get out of my Mustang, my left foot/shoe sometimes knocks and scuffs against the bottom underneath side edge of the dashboard right next to where the door closes onto it. I try to avoid scuffing this area, but I sometimes can't avoid it when I get out of my car with a bundle of bags or something which will obstruct my view of where I move my foot while I am trying to get out of my car. Once in a while, I scrape my foot/shoe accidently against the bottom underneath side edge of the dashboard on the bottom side sharp edge corner of the dashboard. This happens with my left foot/shoe only when I am trying to get out of my Mustang.

I am wondering how many of you in here have done this and if any of you have any scuff marks or scrapes on this area of the dashboard from your shoe/foot scraping against it?? I am concerned about this because I am a tall person and I sometimes cannot avoid this from happening while I am getting out of the car. I try to be very careful when I get out of my Mustang, but sometimes this is unavoidable. Especially when it's dark out and when you cannot see where your left foot/shoe is going while trying to get out of the car. I am worried about scuffing and scratching up this area even though it's located on the edge. Scratches and scuffs on the edge part of the dashboard do not come out and they are very noticeable when you look at them. Do any people in here have this same problem? If so, what have you done to cover up the scuffs/scrapes?? Is this a common problem or am I the only one in here who has done this with their left foot/shoe while trying to get out of my Mustang?? I don't want this area of the dashboard to have noticeable scuffs/scratches. What can I put over this area so the scuffs/scratches don't show? Thank You.

• Sponsors (?)

maybe its the liquor, but i think:

this needs to be in talk, or better yet, in sound shine, obsessive/compulsive disorder. i really haven't noticed this ever happening. its just a shoe, what kind of mark could it leave that couldn't be wiped off with a rag?

some possible solutions: drive barefoot, climb out the window, climb out through trunk, be more careful, scoot the seat back, don't worry about it.

:D

Ducttape fixes all kinds of problems. I would suggest you cover your entire interior with Ducttape that way you will never have a problem scratching or marking your interior. I would avoid parking in sunny areas if you use this aproach. Usually if the temp on the inside of the car reaches 109, the decttape has a tendacy to melt and become sticky. Good luck, we must protect our babies!

yeah, i know the problem. im 6' 0" tall and have a size 14 foot, so somtimes just getting my clown feet past the clutch is tough :rlaugh: . my left shoe usually scuffs the bottom of the door, below the compartment, where the carpet material turns into plastic. it doesnt really scuff too bad, but im afraid over the years, it will wear. i use Son-of-a-Gun interior cleaner. works pretty good :D

I wish this Ron Jeremy character would quit pretending to be someone he is not. I found a post of his saying that the best Ford Dealership is somewhere in Mass. When i called him on this, he said he has a house in upstate NY. What a liar!

1990StangLX said:
he is about as convincing as the Iraqi Information Minister.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 394976_18_full.jpg
    394976_18_full.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 391
Ron Jeremy said:
I sometimes have this problem while I'm in my Mustang. I am almost 6 feet tall and I also have long legs. When I get out of my Mustang, my left foot/shoe sometimes knocks and scuffs against the bottom underneath side edge of the dashboard right next to where the door closes onto it. I try to avoid scuffing this area, but I sometimes can't avoid it when I get out of my car with a bundle of bags or something which will obstruct my view of where I move my foot while I am trying to get out of my car. Once in a while, I scrape my foot/shoe accidently against the bottom underneath side edge of the dashboard on the bottom side sharp edge corner of the dashboard. This happens with my left foot/shoe only when I am trying to get out of my Mustang.

I am wondering how many of you in here have done this and if any of you have any scuff marks or scrapes on this area of the dashboard from your shoe/foot scraping against it?? I am concerned about this because I am a tall person and I sometimes cannot avoid this from happening while I am getting out of the car. I try to be very careful when I get out of my Mustang, but sometimes this is unavoidable. Especially when it's dark out and when you cannot see where your left foot/shoe is going while trying to get out of the car. I am worried about scuffing and scratching up this area even though it's located on the edge. Scratches and scuffs on the edge part of the dashboard do not come out and they are very noticeable when you look at them. Do any people in here have this same problem? If so, what have you done to cover up the scuffs/scrapes?? Is this a common problem or am I the only one in here who has done this with their left foot/shoe while trying to get out of my Mustang?? I don't want this area of the dashboard to have noticeable scuffs/scratches. What can I put over this area so the scuffs/scratches don't show? Thank You.

Buy a can of Tuff Stuff and use a stiff bristle tooth brush on the scuffs. This has worked for me on several occasions.